Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The CMT-340 and CMT-340c Signature Editions

Dear David,

I am extremely happy to hear that these new SE speakers are nearing completion, the speakers look truly fantastic! All that is needed now is VTF-3 HO and VTF-2 HO to match with them, and we are working on that part

Happy new year!

Sincerely,
    Peter Marcks
    Hsu Research

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Marcks
    Dear David,

I am extremely happy to hear that these new SE speakers are nearing completion, the speakers look truly fantastic! All that is needed now is VTF-3 HO and VTF-2 HO to match with them, and we are working on that part

Happy new year!

Sincerely,
    And a Happy New Year to you too, Peter... Welcome to our forum, you are MOST welcome here and please make youself at home

( can't wait to hear the HO subs at CES in a few days! )
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Thank you very much for the welcome, Dave!

VTF-3 HO is ready to go, we are extremely happy with all the components, so no need to show a prototype -3HO at CES anymore!

Sincerely,
    Peter Marcks
    Hsu Research

Quote Originally Posted by davef
    Frequency response measurements for the SE models are almost identical to their original’s yet with a wider bandwidth…
    What does "wider bandwidth" mean in this use? How will the "wider bandwidth" be heard? What should I be listening for? I think I have a very tenuous grasp of what this may mean but I am not sure.
    Darren
    There's no place like 127.0.0.1

It means it will have a very flat response across a wider range of frequencies.
    - EVH III

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Horton
    It means it will have a very flat response across a wider range of frequencies.
    So it just means that the new speakers play both higher and lower frequencies? That's not what I was thinking.
    Darren

Eddie is correct...

Bandwidth is the range of frequencies the loudspeaker can produce accurately. Wider bandwidth, when used in a comparison, means its frequency range is larger.

_______ speaker A frequency range
    _________ speaker B frequency range
    Speaker B has wider bandwidth....
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Makes perfect sense.

I was trying to read too much into it.
    Darren

Thumbs up Convinced me!

I was debating building a set of towers myself from SEAS components using one of Jon Marsh's designs as a basis, but I literally cannot find a negative post about the 340's anywhere on about 4 different major forums, and the price/performance ratio of these new SE's with the SEAS tweets and upgraded woofers seems great to me, even when compared to DIY sets.

I talked to Dave today and Dave, you are indeed courteous and helpful. Congratulations, you've sold another customer, I'll be ordering soon!

Best,
    Adam

Quote Originally Posted by davef
    Eddie is correct...

Bandwidth is the range of frequencies the loudspeaker can produce accurately. Wider bandwidth, when used in a comparison, means its frequency range is larger.

_______ speaker A frequency range
    _________ speaker B frequency range
    Speaker B has wider bandwidth....
    It is amazing, Dave, how your two new 170SE and 340SE products are coming together at around the same time as our VTF-2 HO and VTF-3 HO products (although there is still some work to do on VTF-2 HO). Ironically, the VTF-2 HO and VTF-3 HO will also have a wider bandwith (in the form of extended low frequency response), higher output, lower distortion versus their respective predecesors.

I am very much looking forward to hearing people's impressions on the Ascend SE speakers + Hsu Research HO subwoofers.

Curtis, are you reading this?

Have a good night!
    Last edited by Peter Marcks; 01-20-2006 at 11:10 PM.
    Peter Marcks
    Hsu Research