Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast

Thread: New models!!! CBM-170 SE and CMT-340 SE

Smile

My 340SE's will arrive Monday too! Right on time; shipped 1/11. Have tracking number.

Quote Originally Posted by rajacat
    My 340SE's will arrive Monday too! Right on time; shipped 1/11. Have tracking number.
    Mine will arrive on the 18th! Pretty damn good for placing an order on the 5th! Just got my tracking number.

Somebody at AVS just got their 340se's and posted some preliminary impressions with a few pics.
    http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=629769
    One thing I noticed is that it appears the rubber surrounds for the midrange woofers are a little bigger which I would assume allows for more movement with the lower bass tuning. Looking forwrad to hearing impressions form current Ascend owners as well.

Default 340SE: diffraction lens gone?

And someone has noticed that the diffraction lens on the tweeter is no
    longer there on the 340SEs, any explanations?

Quote Originally Posted by Wiseguy
    Somebody at AVS just got their 340se's and posted some preliminary impressions with a few pics.
    http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=629769
    One thing I noticed is that it appears the rubber surrounds for the midrange woofers are a little bigger which I would assume allows for more movement with the lower bass tuning. Looking forwrad to hearing impressions form current Ascend owners as well.

Quote Originally Posted by lei@forum
    longer there on the 340SEs, any explanations?
    My guess....not needed anymore.
    -curtis

Quote Originally Posted by lei@forum
    longer there on the 340SEs...
    "Someone" indeed...

Sorry, got to give you credit, Gary. I was just too lazy to dig to the thread to find the poster...

No problem. I'll get over it...

Thumbs up

My 340SE's arrived this afternoon. The boxes had a few small holes and a dented corner. I attempted to get the UPS driver to wait while I opened them to inspect for damage but she said that was against company policy. She said that I could refuse the shipment but after waiting 6 weeks I decided to take my chances. It was good that they were double boxed because otherwise there might have been some damage. When I unpacked them they appeared to be in good condition so this evening I will give them a test run and get back to the forum with a report tomorrow.

dorz11 Guest

Talking Eagle has landed

I received my 170SEs today!! They are finally all installed in the system but to late to give them a real work out. Leaving for Chicago in the morning so it will have to wait until next weekend Physced to finally have them though and the HSU VTF-2 that came along as well!

Jim