Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: New models!!! CBM-170 SE and CMT-340 SE

Quote Originally Posted by pegleg
    It's just mindboggling that Dave and Ascend would offer an upgrade path. Think about it for a minute: what other electronics business upgrades hardware?

Pegleg
    I love that Ascend is upgrading their speakers, and that they plan to
    provide an upgrade path for us existing owners! Who else upgrades
    their hardware? Anthem does. Very happy AVM30 owner here...

Rick

It also looks like Hsu will with at least some of their subs.
    -curtis

Quote Originally Posted by curtis
    It also looks like Hsu will with at least some of their subs.
    Which is very cool! I don't think I'll upgrade my VTF3-MkII (shipping it back
    would be such a pain) but I think I'll get one of those turbo things. I haven't
    put enough cracks in my foundation yet.

Quote Originally Posted by pegleg
    It's just mindboggling that Dave and Ascend would offer an upgrade path. Think about it for a minute: what other electronics business upgrades hardware?

Pegleg
    B & K does.

Default SE's - disappointing to find out about them NOW

I would have waited a couple of months to get my three 340's had I known the superior SE's were coming out so soon. I was going to get 2 more 340's for the rear surrounds in March or April so I had the same speaker all the way around, but I guess that won't be happening now... back to having mis-matched speakers again for my hi-rez mc music. Ugh.
    Last edited by tjennings; 11-26-2005 at 07:39 PM.
    -- Tom --
    My HT

I guess it is a matter of how far in advance should a new product be announced?

Remember though...the new SE's will not be available until mid-January, and according to some posts, you could get a good deal on the classics. When the upgrade logistics are worked out, you could go that way too.
    -curtis

Quote Originally Posted by curtis
    I believe it is posted somewhere that there is crossover change as well, so the 170's would need to be sent in as well.
    Why? Everything is just attached with simple screws, including the cross-over. Nothing to really screw up. Ha Ha.

Yeah it would be nice for some to be able to do it themselves...but what if you did mess something up? Then who is responsible? What about those not comfortable doing it themselves? Maybe Ascend would just want to avoid these kind of issues. Just some random thoughts.
    -curtis

Ascend also records the response graph to every speaker and keeps them on file.

Default wow!

where do i sign for SE, or are they already signed? i'll pick these up / have mine updated some time next year. it's fine w/ me if i miss the first few installments. all great things are worth the wait, and i'm confident no one will be left behind. i'll check back in from time to time for updates.

i wouldn't jump to any conclusions until official announcements are made and/or you speak with ascend. i'm sure they're SLAMMED as christmas approaches, and i'm also sure that they'll do something very gracious for many of us.

imagine if you owned paradigms and they released a v.4. your options for the transition are usually slim to none unless you have a fairly gracious dealer. still, even then, options across the board are going to differ for the owners simply because they're not dealing directly with the company - practically the only way to keep it fair. (former paradigm owner here who went through the v.2 to v.3 cycle and got left behind)