Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Thread: New models!!! CBM-170 SE and CMT-340 SE

Quote Originally Posted by GaryB
    Just old and tired, Curtis. Been there, done that.
    Me too...but it is a good diversion from work.
    -curtis

Ed

* Sierra-2EX's W/V2 crossover upgrade
    * (2) Rythmik F12's
    * Parasound Halo P6
    * Audio by Van Alstine DVA-M225 Monoblock Amps
    * MiniDSP 2x4HD For Sub calibration
    *World's Best Cables Canare 4S11 speaker cables

Quote Originally Posted by rajacat
    I suppose if someone has ears of stone they might not be able to discern SQ variations in the electronics

David

Hi Guys,

At home, for my "enjoyment" system, I have an ADA PTM-6150 amp (absolutely fantastic amp) + Rotel RSP-1066 pre/pro + many other various pcs of electronics.. Sometimes this gear is at the factory and other gear is at home etc.

I use many different amps at the factory. These are mostly what I term bulletproof amps that I use with our various measurement gear... Main amp is a Bryston, but I have various others, including a Sony ES which has excellent short circuit protection (good for lab work ), an Onkyo (which I use for taking from 1 place to another. We also have various receivers including HK etc.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Wow that is quite the setup

What kind of speakers do you have

Quote Originally Posted by tilt
    Wow that is quite the setup

What kind of speakers do you have
    LOL now that is a funny question! I'm thinking Axiom.
    www.popularsoundproductions.com
    Live sound reinforcement, live 24-track digital recording

Default Difference in SQ with Amps

Hi:
    I'm getting educated on AV.
    I'm expecting my 340s within next couple of weeks. I have a 5 year old Sony receiver (STR-DE835 -will upgrade later). DO you think that I would need amps to drive the 340s. I'll be listening at 75DBs. Will there be a significant difference in SQ with the amps. I'll have 340 L/C/R and surrounds from another company which I will upgrade later to 200s.

Quote Originally Posted by davef
    Hi Guys,

At home, for my "enjoyment" system, I have an ADA PTM-6150 amp (absolutely fantastic amp) + Rotel RSP-1066 pre/pro + many other various pcs of electronics.. Sometimes this gear is at the factory and other gear is at home etc.

I use many different amps at the factory. These are mostly what I term bulletproof amps that I use with our various measurement gear... Main amp is a Bryston, but I have various others, including a Sony ES which has excellent short circuit protection (good for lab work ), an Onkyo (which I use for taking from 1 place to another. We also have various receivers including HK etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam1000
    I'm expecting my 340s within next couple of weeks. I have a 5 year old Sony receiver (STR-DE835 -will upgrade later). DO you think that I would need amps to drive the 340s. I'll be listening at 75DBs. Will there be a significant difference in SQ with the amps. I'll have 340 L/C/R and surrounds from another company which I will upgrade later to 200s.
    No, the 340s are not a difficult load though like all speakers the more quality current you give them the better. Yes you will notice it, even going from that Sony AVR to say a Marantz or HK would be a signficant improvement, you can get something decent for $300-400 easily esp. if you buy refurbs.

Quote Originally Posted by davef
    At home, for my "enjoyment" system, I have an ADA PTM-6150 amp....
    If anyone is interested, one of these amps and an 8 channel version are on eBay right now.
    -curtis

Quote Originally Posted by curtis
    If anyone is interested, one of these amps and an 8 channel version are on eBay right now.
    Noted. Now the rest of you should stay away.