Page 1 of 12 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: New models!!! CBM-170 SE and CMT-340 SE

Post New models!!! CBM-170 SE and CMT-340 SE

I know many of you have been trying to figure out exactly what I have been working on

Well.... here you go

When I released the CBM-170 back in February 2000 my goal was to introduce a loudspeaker that broke new ground within the industry... something quite unique and never before seen at these price points. A loudspeaker that met and even surpassed many of the standards used for designing some of the most renowned loudspeakers available at any price…

I labored tirelessly 5-7 days a week for over a year and often working 12 hours or more per day. I sampled hundreds of woofers and tweeters, threw out more completed designs than I care to remember. Finally I felt I got it just right… every measurement I took confirmed what I heard, this speaker will favorably compete with just about any loudspeaker out there for the bandwidth it was designed to reproduce.

The components used and the design of the crossover were expensive and I simply refused to compromise on performance. In order to keep this level of performance and maintain the sub $400/pr price point, I had to compromise on the finish and sell it direct. My supporters thought I was crazy, the speaker “has to look like furniture”…Why? Why must it look like furniture? The electronics don’t, the television does not and they all seem to casually blend into the room. Shouldn’t the loudspeaker blend into the room as well? ... And of course, the common question “Who would ever purchase a loudspeaker without listening to it first?”… We proved that question wrong and I guess we can say the rest is history…

The CBM-170 has been taken apart piece by piece, closely scrutinized and evaluated by nearly everyone… Without question, the performance standard for an affordable bookshelf monitor.

Most loudspeakers on the market are replaced by new models at least every 2 years… The CBM-170 has not seen a single performance modification since its introduction 6 years ago.. Truly remarkable..

Even after all these years, our many competitors are still trying to catch up. I am 100% committed to maintaining that lead and I am pleased to announce something I have been working on for almost 2 years now…

Advanced technological improvements for our woofers and tweeters + enhanced engineering capability (thanks to our improved on-site audio lab) = ground breaking and standard setting performance, once again!!!

our new lab

I am pleased to announce the new CBM-170 and CMT-340 Signature Editions…..

Please read the below descriptions for each new product..…
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Cool, and unexpected, news Dave. I'll have to check these new versions out sometime.

Here's to more years of good sound.

Hey Brad...

Thanks... You are up early

Send me an email when you have some free time....
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

David

Default Sorry dumb question from a newbie

So does that mean that 170 and 340 will all be SE's or does that mean that there is a choice between the CBM-170 vs. CBM-170 SE?

When can the SE models be ordered?

Thanks
    -m

Looks like the bar has been raised again!

Congrats Dave! I know you work hard at your craft....your products show it, and I am quite sure the new products will follow suit.

Of course, I need to listen to them first.
    -curtis

Wow!! This is fantastic news.
    - EVH III

Looks like I'm going to have to hold off on upgrading my 2.1 HTM-200 system.
    Is there going to be any upgrade for the HTM-200 tweeter and/or woofers? I like their small form-factor.

If not, I assume I can still use the HTM-200s as surrounds, and the new SE models up front without worrying about timbre matching issues?

I love the incredible detailed descriptions of the research and testing process. Good stuff. Can't wait to hook some of these up.

Default This is totally wicked!!

Does the upgrade for the 170 "Classic" involve the crossover? Seems like only the drivers were changed.
    Ed

* Sierra-2EX's W/V2 crossover upgrade
    * (2) Rythmik F12's
    * Parasound Halo P6
    * Audio by Van Alstine DVA-M225 Monoblock Amps
    * MiniDSP 2x4HD For Sub calibration
    *World's Best Cables Canare 4S11 speaker cables

Quote Originally Posted by Mag_Neato
    Does the upgrade for the 170 "Classic" involve the crossover? Seems like only the drivers were changed.
    I think the crossovers need to be changed to match the new capabilities of the drivers.....just a hunch.
    -curtis