Thread: Help with deciding between the 340 or the S1

Question Help with deciding between the 340 or the S1

I am aware that the S1 and S2 are suppose to be a lot better speaker.
    I would love to have a pair of S2's and a S2 center.
    Problem is the funds, the S2 it a lot more than the S2 or the S1.
    Neither my wife or I listen to a music a lot that could change but I would say we use the av set up for music about 10%
    The rest is 50% TV shows and movies and 40% Blue Ray.
    I am not home a lot I spend a lot of time at work. the percentage I gave included my wife's use.

I would like for what ever I buy be the last time I buy speaker wise as far as the fronts and center go.

I have a 20 X 20 room with a large opening in the back, using a Yamaha RX-A1020 Receiver, a PB 2000 sub current speakers are a set of pioneers ( Paul Andrew Jones edition).

I am not sure how long it would take me to save for the S2 or S1 set but I believe i could afford to get the fronts and center if I got the 340's.

Problem is like i said before what ever i buy for fronts and cent will be the last ones i get so i want to be sure i get something I will be very happy with.

I am aware that receivers fail after a period of time but a good set of speakers suold last forever.

Default Re: Help with deciding between the 340 or the S1

I wouldn't hesitate to buy the 1s now which should be a nice upgrade from a very good inexpensive speaker (A. Jones) and then when funding permits purchase the upgrade kits and you have 2s. Upgrade is very easy to do yourself even if you aren't a DIYer. The 1s coupled with the rest of your equipment should leave you very satisfied. Your right about music, as soon as I had my 1s I started listening to music more and they work well for both movies and music. Best of all you have 30 days to evaluate your decision with your spouse.