Thread: Why no longer selling BT-05 wall mounts?

Default Why no longer selling BT-05 wall mounts?

I just noticed the BT-05 wall mounts are no longer for sale here. The Omnimount 20s seem like overkill for the 9 lb. HTM-200s I am using.

Did the plastic BT-05s not work well?

Any alternatives?

Edit: Wait, the page still comes up in Google: http://www.ascendacoustics.com/pages...t05htm200.html

Now I'm *really* confused.

Ooops. Found the answer myself. Looks like they don't make them anymore, and the replacement model, the BT-33 is only rated for 7 lbs.

Doh.

I guess I'll have to scour Home Depot for a home-brew solution. Should be fun.

I like the O20s, I had a pair of O10s that did not work well.

Yes.. The BT-05 are no longer available.

We are currently evaluating the updated BT-33 and while it is rated for less weight, it is actually much better.. The BT-05 ball joint frequently slipped unless tightened down securely, the BT-33 is a better mount. So far, it is perfect for the HTM-200.

Still, the Ominmount-20 are the strongest and most versatile (and easiest to use).
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by davef
    Yes.. The BT-05 are no longer available.

We are currently evaluating the updated BT-33 and while it is rated for less weight, it is actually much better.. The BT-05 ball joint frequently slipped unless tightened down securely, the BT-33 is a better mount. So far, it is perfect for the HTM-200.

Still, the Ominmount-20 are the strongest and most versatile (and easiest to use).
    That's good news. I may try a couple out on my HTM-200's. I mean, 9lbs isn't a *lot* more than 7lbs. I take it they seem sturdy enough? Thanks for the eval Dave. Always working, I see.

Quote Originally Posted by S_rangeBrew
    That's good news. I may try a couple out on my HTM-200's. I mean, 9lbs isn't a *lot* more than 7lbs. I take it they seem sturdy enough? Thanks for the eval Dave. Always working, I see.
    How did this mount work? The 200 is definately 9lbs?

In an older thread, Dave mentioned this mount:

http://www.rockler.com/ecom7/product...ferings_id=344

Which is the correct one? 1-1/2'' x 1-7/8'' Extra Thin Flush Mounts or 1'' x 1'' Extra Thin Flush Mounts?

http://www.rockler.com/tech/RTD10000147AA.pdf

The diagram in that photo makes it look like the larger one would fit the screw hole pattern on the back of the HTM-200.

If that's so, this looks like a very cheap way to put a HTM-200 on the wall, assuming you don't have to point them off-center or down. Nice find.

As posted in a recent thread, I'm currently using the BT-33 (wall) and BT-34 (ceiling) mounts on my new 200's. Both work well, but I have to admit, they've only been up for about 1.5 weeks now. So far, no slippage. Fitting and adjustment were very easy, and they mount directly to the two mounting holes on the back of the 200's. All necessary hardware is included either with the speakers or the mounts.

I bounced the idea off David before ordering, and he indicated they'd looked at them and that they'd worked well (similar to his post above).