Thread: xm-ready radio receivers

Default xm-ready radio receivers

What are the good ones that are out there?

I recently purchased an XM-walkman off of my brother (mainly just to be nice and to help him out) who was leaving the country and wouldn't be able to use it. I wasn't that excited about it, frankly. But after listening to it for just a few days, I'm blown away by satellite radio and may use this finally as the excuse to getting the new HT audio system (Asend, of course) that I've been wanting.

Yamaha HTR-5860 seems like a good choice. Any others?

I did a lot of research in early summer, and thought Yamaha would be a good fit. A lot of support for HK here, but given that most describe Ascends as neutral/warm, and that I have what I think will be a very 'warm' listening environment (a lot of carpet, upholstered furniture, drapes), getting a receiver a little on the brighter side seems to make sense to me.

Whatever receiver I get will definitely have XM capabilities now, though, that much I am certain of.

I hope I'm not walking down the wrong path trying to 'mate' the Ascends with a Yamaha.

It scares me that I haven't heard any other Ascend owners use a Yamaha.

I have a RX-V757 that I just hooked Ascends up to last night, so far, so good.
    Living Room: L/R CBM-170's; CMT-340C; HTM-200 rears; SVS PB-10isd; Yamaha RX-V757; Sony VLP-HS20 w/an 84" screen

Bedroom: L/C/R/LR/RR HTM-200's; HSU STF-1; NAD L73; Sony Bravia 32" LCD

Stereo:L/R NHT SB2's; HSU STF-1, NAD C320BEE Integrated Amp, NAD C521BEE CD player, NAD C422 Stereo Tuner

Thanks. Let me know how it goes!

Pio Elite 72 and 74 have XM.

A few of the new Onkyo models have XM

Just an FYI.

My only experience with XM is in my car. I have a Pioneer AVIC-N2 headunit.

While I think the selection is great, the quality is not "CD" quality. In fact, to me, a good FM station with a good signal sounds better.
    -curtis