Thread: Ascend Customer Service is Great!

Thumbs up Ascend Customer Service is Great!

Here's my Ascend experience:

After getting my surrounds setup, I realized that the VTF-2 sub I ordered was a bit shy for my large HT (about 600 s.f. if you count the room it's open to on the right). After helping me troubleshoot via email, David basically said "no problem, just send it back and you can trade up to the VTF-3" (I'm paraphrasing).

Here's where things went wrong: I shipped it back via USPS. It arrived at Ascend's offices nearly a month later (!), and was damaged. This made for a pretty bad situation all around. This is the point where another retailer would just dump the problem back on the consumer; not so with Ascend. David allowed me to return it less a 15% restocking fee, which was more than reasonable considering the damage (some strange adhesive that wouldn't come off, and scratches on the finish).

It's what happens when things go wrong that defines customer service, and I judge Ascend excellent on this basis! My judgement for using USPS and undersizing my sub was poor, but my judgement in choosing Ascend was very good.

By the way, the four HTM170's and one C340 do an amazing job of reproducing upper bass. The only time I miss the sub is when I'm watching an action movie. It's just as well - going subless for a while will give me a break-in period for my wife.

Hi John,

Thanks so much for the follow up. It wasn't necessary but most definitely appreciated
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

I would also like to give a thumbs up for Ascend's customer service. They just fulfilled a special (babyproofing) request for me and only charged me shipping for the item. More than fair IMO and something that would have probably been impossible with a Brick and Mortor store speaker brand and surely they would have taken the opportunity to stick it to me with the price.

I have already had one of my buddies who listens to me for audio advice buy an Ascend system and this just makes me feel even better about supporting this company with my business and pointing my friends towards Ascend.
    Darren
    There's no place like 127.0.0.1

I agree w/ all of the above comments. BTW, what's this 'babyproofing' you're talking about? Projectile-proof speaker grills? Just curious.
    Last edited by BGHD; 10-28-2005 at 09:49 AM.

I agree w/ all of the above comments. BTW, what's this 'babyproofing' you're talking about? Projectile-proof speaker grills? Just curious.
    Just speaker grills without the Logo. The 11 month old decided it would be fun to try to tear off the logos and putting the grills on upside down with the logo on top looked a little too "Hillbilly Audio" to me.
    Darren
    There's no place like 127.0.0.1

I'm coming up on almost a year with my five CBM-170s, and still haven't heard another speaker with a justified price for the performance increase I'd get.

Dave definetly knows what he's doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Mosher
    I'm coming up on almost a year with my five CBM-170s, and still haven't heard another speaker with a justified price for the performance increase I'd get.

Dave definetly knows what he's doing.
    Amen, brutha'!
    Ed

* Sierra-2EX's W/V2 crossover upgrade
    * (2) Rythmik F12's
    * Parasound Halo P6
    * Audio by Van Alstine DVA-M225 Monoblock Amps
    * MiniDSP 2x4HD For Sub calibration
    *World's Best Cables Canare 4S11 speaker cables

I have not even purchased my Ascend's yet, and the service has been remarkable! I have sent quite a few e-mails and got answers back very quickly from the main man himself. This kind of service sets Ascend apart from so many out there. It shows the care they have for the customer and the pride in the product and company. I really look forward to soon joining the Ascend family!
    My current illness includes the following symptoms:

TV: Sony 50” SXRD
    Receiver: Marantz SR7500
    DVD: Marantz DV7600
    CD Changer: Marantz CC4300
    Power: APC H15
    Speakers: (JBL) Soon to change to Ascend
    Sub: HSU VTF-3 MK2

when i got my 170's for x-mas, i was unaware of the soon-to-be-released SE models. (i wasn't a board member yet) when i heard about the models, i sent an e-mail stating how upset i was that the new models weren't advertised much, if at all, on ascends main website so close to their release, because i would have waited for the SEs. dave replied telling me where to look for the announcement (on the boards), as well as offering me a chance to upgrade to the SEs for only the price difference plus shipping. he even gave me time to think it over when i asked if i could.

i honestly couldn't believe i got such a great response. since then, i have kept a close watch on ascend's website, have recommended the company to many of my friends, and become a member of this board. i usually can't stand message boards, but the service i got from this company and the help i have received from members of this board has been so great, i can't help but feel it is the least i can do in return.

can't wait until i can make my next purchase from ascend (340SE centers? i think so )

thanks again, dave, and the rest of the crew at ascend!

EDIT: oh yeh, i decided to go for the SE upgrade, and that whole deal went off without a catch!
    CMT-340SE2 Mains & Center, CBM-170SE Surrounds, Rythmik F15, Emotiva XMC-1, Emotiva XPA-5

Wink

JSchlarb wrote "going subless for a while will give me a break-in period for my wife."

That's a great way to put it, but I thought that was the term for a honeymoon.

Pegleg