Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Hsu VTF-3HO Turbo Preorder Available - Save $100

Anyone else put in a preorder? I couldn't resist.
    Jon O.

I KNEW you'd be one of the first. We expect "full disclosure" before the New Year. Congrats.

David

They at HSU were saying that the add on turbo was expected to be a $200 add on! $200 of extending port tubes!?!? Am I missing something? It just looks like a MDF box with two ABS Elbows. When I first heard of the TURBO I thought it must be an add on to the amp or something a bit more tech.
    And while am at it... I really would have loved to see it on the side not on top It seem so high and along wiht the fact any one with kids will have all kinds of toys and crap tossed down there.
    $200... man!
    JH

You're over simplifing the turbo and basing what the price should be on that over simplipication. If it were that simple, why isn't everybody already producing one? The technology behind the Turbo will be patented. Someone can always challenge the patent but I'm guessing there's enough of Dr Hsu's original work in there that the patent will hold up.
    Hsu is known for excellent bang for the buck. I doubt the Turbo will be any less.

David

Quote Originally Posted by bikeman
    I KNEW you'd be one of the first. We expect "full disclosure" before the New Year. Congrats.

David
    OH NO...I'm one of THOSE guys??? Damn, when did this happen?

Okay I'm not that unhappy about it I've reached the limits of this little UFW-10 already (for HT), but it is great for music, I'm looking forward to a comparison.

Also, in a few months I may have a friend move in to one of my extra rooms and he has a Sunfire $1800 sub (not sure which one, it's a few years old), so we may have a great little comparo to do. Plus, once I get Room EQ Wizard figured out, more tweaking! Woohoo!
    Jon O.

Quote Originally Posted by X52
    They at HSU were saying that the add on turbo was expected to be a $200 add on! $200 of extending port tubes!?!? Am I missing something? It just looks like a MDF box with two ABS Elbows. When I first heard of the TURBO I thought it must be an add on to the amp or something a bit more tech.
    And while am at it... I really would have loved to see it on the side not on top It seem so high and along wiht the fact any one with kids will have all kinds of toys and crap tossed down there.
    $200... man!
    Well, if "less than $200" is too much, you can try to build one yourself. Not trying to be combative, but if it does what it's supposed to regarding clean output at low bass, it'll be very good in the bang-for-the-buck category. IMHO.

And also, as David said - if it's so simple and silly...why hasn't it been done before?

Let's save our judgements for when it's in our hands...yeah?
    Jon O.

I guess we'll all wait and see. I don't dought it will work but it seem like they could offer it to the consummer for a lot less $$$. Doesn't $200 seem like a lot for such little, and cheep might I add, material? I am a builder buy trade so I guess I look at things in a time/labor+skill/material=price. For me it just didn't add up. And yes Jonny, if I had the dimentions I could definitly build it myself. I don't have the skill to design it though, and that really is what they are selling.
    JH

How about covering the cost of R&D as well? Just a thought.

By the way, the Turbo unit is not small. Overall, I would say it is larger than a CMT-340.
    -curtis

Yeah, I understand where you're coming from. I guess we should keep in mind they're only charging $100 for it if you purchase it with a sub. I'm guessing there's something more to it if there's a patent involved. But, we'll see I guess I know I couldn't build that for less than $200 of my time, so it'll work for me

Like I said, can't wait for the ho's and the turbos to get on the street so the supercritical people can rip them apart (metaphorically)
    Jon O.

Quote Originally Posted by curtis
    How about covering the cost of R&D as well? Just a thought.

By the way, the Turbo unit is not small. Overall, I would say it is larger than a CMT-340.
    Good Points.

Curtis +2 for meaningful content
    Jon O.