Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Hsu VTF-3HO Turbo Preorder Available - Save $100

Default Hsu VTF-3HO Turbo Preorder Available - Save $100

From the Hsu Forum:

http://www.hsuresearch.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1763

Dear all,

We are finally able to release some official details on pricing for the VTF-HO Variable Tuning Frequency High Output subwoofer series.

Preorders will be available on the VTF-3HO, at a $100 discount versus official pricing.

PREORDER PRICING (EXCLUDING SHIPPING COST) IS AS FOLLOWS, EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY:

VTF-3HO: $799
    VTF-3HO w/ turbocharger: $899

To place your preorder, please contact us either
    1) via email, sales@hsuresearch.com
    OR
    2) via telephone, 1-800-554-0150 (Monday through Friday, 9am-5pm Pacific Standard Time)

OFFICIAL PRICING (EXCLUDING SHIPPING COST) WILL BE AS FOLLOWS, EFFECTIVE AS SOON AS THE VTF-3HO SUBWOOFERS ARE IN STOCK:

VTF-3HO: $899
    VTF-3HO w/ turbocharger: $999

Thank you all for your patience and dedication

Yours truly,

The Hsu Research Team

Are there any pics of this thing?

What exactly is it supposed to do for the VTF-3, specs-wise at least?

Lower extension? (how many Hz?)

Higher output? (not sure how this is even measured)

Are there any "before" and "after" numbers?

Eddie....there is a good post on the Hsu board that answers some of your questions.

http://www.hsuresearch.com/forum/sho...4468#post14468

I think rather than getting greater extension(although still flat to under 20hz), the idea of the new VTF-3HO with and without the Turbo was to get even cleaner deep bass(ie. high quality) at louder volumes. Sound quality is most important to Hsu...not output.

The VTF-3MK2 and VTF-3HO are two different subs.
    -curtis

thanks, Curtis!

I'm wondering how these new Hsu subs will compare to those monstrous 2-driver SVS subs in the same price range.

Especially the one owned by Paul of ecoustics fame, I think you're familiar with that character! (He's lately vanished for some reason, btw.)

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie
    thanks, Curtis!

I'm wondering how these new Hsu subs will compare to those monstrous 2-driver SVS subs in the same price range.
    In terms of sound quality or SPL?

Sound quality wise, of all the Hsu and SVS subs I have heard...I have always preferred the Hsus. Better toneality and articulation IMO. I have never heard a SVS Ultra sub though, and it is my understanding that those are more compareable to the Hsu sound.

For SPL, it seems the SVS's currently win that one, but for me that is a moot point. Both company's subs get much louder than I will ever need them to.
    -curtis

Curtis - are you going to try any of the new HO's?

I'm killing myself trying to choose between a VTF-3HO with Turbo, or a pair of VTF-3MKII's with Turbos, or even a pair of VTF-2HO's maybe with turbos.

Their lineup has me pretty well confused today. Time to go for a run and clear the head.
    Jon O.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyozero3
    I'm killing myself trying to choose between a VTF-3HO with Turbo, or a pair of VTF-3MKII's with Turbos, or even a pair of VTF-2HO's maybe with turbos.
    Good Lord! Great potential setup, but I'm glad I don't live nearby!

My girlfriend's response, "it's your money..."

Hehehe. At least she's supportive

I picked up a BFD so the dual sub option is very doable for me, but I can't decide what would be better. I've definately found the HT limits already for this little UFW-10, so I need to plan for something. Hmmm.

This new sub kick of mine, combined with my search for a DVD player that's sending me to the 79avi is making me think I'm ignoring the quote in my signature.
    Last edited by Jonnyozero3; 10-16-2005 at 11:10 AM.
    Jon O.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyozero3
    Curtis - are you going to try any of the new HO's?
    Yes. I have heard a prototype VTF-3HO with and without the Turbo using the current VTF-3MK2 driver and amp...it was impressive, and with the new driver and amp, it should impress more. The downside is the enclosure is a bit bigger.
    -curtis

Did you get to hear the VTF-2HO as well? I'm really torn on the choice between them.

Size doesn't matter when you have an entire room to dedicate to worshipping it

All joking aside, I was quite...QUITE...suprised to read that the 3-HO with the Turbo was going to be 32" tall. Wow. I have a feeling the Turbo won't be high in the WAF area (since it only covers half of the top of the sub), but I'm sure it'll get the job done.
    Jon O.