Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Since I like my black Ascends.....

Quick update......my insurance did not cover the $60 repair....way below my deductable.
    -curtis

Quote Originally Posted by curtis
    Quick update......my insurance did not cover the $60 repair....way below my deductable.
    Just as an fyi. Some insurance companies will cover this work independent of any deductible. It saves them a bunch of money. Windshield replacement is expensive and some insurers will head this expense off by covering the $50. to $60. for this procedure. I'm surprised they all don't do it.

David

My deductable is $500.....so it wouldn't even cover a new windshield.
    -curtis

Default Sorry to hear about your windshield

Hey Curtis the rims look great. Sorry to hear about your windshield. I hear about these type of incidents alot. Too many in fact. The feedback I have always received is that the insurance company will not cover it unless it is above your deductable. Also, it can be considered a traffic collsion and a report can be taken but when a law enforcement agency in Ca. takes a traffic accident report it will appear on your DMV record, so you are zapped by the insurance companies again.

To comment on an earlier post regarding window tint. Here in California unfortunately you cannot put any (ANY!) film onto the front roll up windows. Even if the film is what is called 'Safety Glazing Material' you cannot have tint on the front windows. However if you have side/rear view windows on both sides of your vehicle, you can tint the rear windows as dark as you would like.

Any other questions while I have my thinking cap on?
    Dave Nelms

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Nelms
    Just one. What will the winning numbers be in the quarter billion dollar "mega millions" jackpot on Tuesday evening? There's a 10% finders fee for the correct information.

Thanks,
    David

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Nelms
    To comment on an earlier post regarding window tint. Here in California unfortunately you cannot put any (ANY!) film onto the front roll up windows. Even if the film is what is called 'Safety Glazing Material' you cannot have tint on the front windows. However if you have side/rear view windows on both sides of your vehicle, you can tint the rear windows as dark as you would like.

No other questions...thanks...and thanks for the compliment.

I was just at a car audio shope yesterday getting new speakers installed in the car, and one of the workers was trying to get me to tint the front windows...I said "no thanks, I don't need one of those tickets".

Just one. What will the winning numbers be in the quarter billion dollar "mega millions" jackpot on Tuesday evening? There's a 10% finders fee for the correct information.
    Cool! Nobody won? I forgot to buy a ticket on Friday....I still got a chance!
    -curtis

In case anybody is interested(I have had a few inquiries), this is what my car audio system contains:

Pioneer Head unit
    Boston Acoustic speakers
    JL Audio Sub
    JL Audio amplifier powering the speakers and sub.

The idea was to get good sound and not break the budget I set for myself, as well as feel comfortable with the people installing it. I got it, but still does not compare to what is in my livingroom. I am in the car an 1.5 to 2 hours a day in commuter traffic here in LA, so being able to hear quality audio is a big plus.

The JL Audio sub is a fully contained passive unit designed by JL Audio. I wanted quality bass and not the thumping many of us hear from cars going by, and it didn't need to reach super low since I am not doing HT in my car. This unit sounds great.

You know I am a fan of Hsu subwoofers, and they make a car audio subwoofer driver. I am tempted to purchase the driver and a sealed box to give it a try.

Oh....and I got my lottery tickets today!
    -curtis

Default jl audio

curtis, which JL did u go for? tell me it's the W7....or W6? W3?

Quote Originally Posted by gr1m
    curtis, which JL did u go for? tell me it's the W7....or W6? W3?
    This system:
    http://mobile.jlaudio.com/products_e...=7&prod_id=311
    -curtis

nice sub. i have a 10w3 dual 2 ohm as well. (sealed enclosure)

now, you should get a big chrome necklace with a spinning wheel on it.