Thread: 340's and Alison Krauss & Union Station Live

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default 340's and Alison Krauss & Union Station Live

I have a couple of weeks until my front three 340's arrive... but I was just listening to the AKUS Live CD (I also have the DVD-V concert) and was wondering if anyone has listened to AKUS LIVE on the 340m's. Her voice is so pure, so crystal clear, that I was actually WINCING with my current speakers when she would really belt it out (such as on the BROADWAY and GHOST IN THIS HOUSE tracks). I'm hoping with the 340's I don't lose any of the detail I have now, but that I can actually listen to her gorgeous voice without bleeding from the ears.

I have this same problem with the DVD-A of Elton John's Goodbye Yellow Brick Road - the chorus parts of just about every song is just so, well, in-your-face and piercing, that I can barely stand listening to it. I'm hoping that settles down a bit on the 340s too.
    Last edited by tjennings; 11-14-2005 at 07:51 PM.
    -- Tom --
    My HT

Listen to AKUS live regularly. I have GYBR but not the DVD-A version. The 340's do a great job with both recordings. I don't "wince."

David

Ok, thanks for the info... HURRY UP 340's!!!!!
    -- Tom --
    My HT

Default Now THAT is more like it!

I've had my three new front 340's for 4 weeks now... I don't wince either anymore when listening to AKUS and Alison's crystal-clear voice! I had the SACD of it in tonight and my oh my, she sounded sweeeeeet!
    -- Tom --
    My HT

The only Allison Kraus song I have in my collection is "New Favorite" and I really like it.
    -curtis

Default AKUS rules

New Favorite is on this Live CD / SACD / concert DVD - in fact, the concert DVD also has the New Favorite VIDEO - so if you liked that song, I highly recommend this incredible Live recording. Essentially a greatest hits and one of the best live recordings I've ever heard.... definitely demo material!

I had a friend over last week that had never heard of AKUS and I played him 3 songs from the DVD and he was absolutely blown away (as I was when I first saw it when MY home theater buddy showed it to me!) - he couldn't believe how perfectly Alison sang with such little effort! Then I played him a few other songs from the SACD version of it while we watched a HD football game... I think he is now in love also with Alison !

I had the honor to see them in concert this past summer here in Erie PA and it was perfection just like this Live album.
    -- Tom --
    My HT