Thread: Omnimount 20's and CMB-170's

Default Omnimount 20's and CMB-170's

Is anyone using this set-up to mount on the wall?? I just got my stuff today and mounted both speakers....they stay in place, but seems kind of unstable? The brackets are even screwed into studs, so they seem fine. The "ball" mechanism seems dubious to me......

Any thoughts??

I have been using them and they work quite well, but the clamp on the ball must be tightened very tight. I have heard that it doesn't work as well if you install it upside-down, but I haven't tried it.

My buddy in boston who bought a set of CBMs with the omnimounts said pretty much the same thing. They just don't feel secure to him as well. He thinks it is safe, but it feels odd to him as well.
    Jon O.

It takes tighten them as much as possible to keep them from slipping down over time. I did luck out on studs right where I wanted them.

Just gotta wrench it real tight for it to stay. An allen wrench with a handle would've helped a lot, if such a thing exists. Hopefully I wasnt' doing anything wrong, but I was wrenching them til the bolts were squealing.

Smile

I wrenched the hell out of them as well..until they the bolts were squealing. Looks like they're going to work out just fine.....they haven't moved and it's been almost two weeks. They sure do look sweet.........