Thread: Brackets for 170's

Default Brackets for 170's

Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions for wall brackets for the 170's. I guess I'm doing some penny pinching but if I can't find something safe and at a reasonable price I'll probably end up going with the ones that can be purchased directly through Ascend. Oh...and anyone know if it makes a difference (negative) if I turn them on their sides when they are being used as surrounds? I may end up having to place them rather high on the walls but hopefully this will all work out.

-J

I was in the same boat and found these. You'll need to cut and drill two adapter pieces (I made mine out of 1/2" MDF) to fit the vertically aligned holes on the supports to the horizontal ones on the 170s, unless of course you choose to mount them sideways as you suggest (others will have to chime on on the sonic effects of that).

p.s. be sure to mount into a stud.

Default thanks!

Thanks for the quick response! Beleive me, I will not forget to drill into a stud. Couple years back I had an interesting experience involving myself, the drywall, and a pull up bar.

-Johnal

Come to think of it, you will probably need to make the adapter pieces either way as I don't think the spacing between the support and speaker holes is the same.

Default sonic effects

Anyone have any info on how it would affect the sound if the 170's are mounted horizontally?