Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Home theater set-up options

I am not sold on Monster Powercenter equipment...I think money is better spent on stuff from Tripp-lite or Panamax. Do you live in an area with bad/dirty power?

I have an MX-500 controlling four pieces of equipment....Hughes DirecTiVo, HK AVR525, Pioneer 563a universal player, and my Mitsubishi TV. It is MORE than adequate.

-curtis

Pete, I can readily recommend the Denon DVD-2200 IF you are looking for a universal player. If SACD and DVD-A compatability aren't important you could look for a refurbished 1600 (which does has DVD-A).

Ben...you are making me feel bad that I just have the 563a. []

-curtis

Curtis,

The powerlines in my neighborhood are all underground so outages are few and far between. As for how "clean" it is, I don't know. However, in my 15+ years here, I've never had or heard of a piece of electronic equipment failing because of "dirty" power. That being said, I'm just being very careful these days because city budgets are getting slashed and I will have invested quite a bit of money into my A/V system. Therefore, I consider the Monster PowerCenter an insurance policy which may never be exercised but will perhaps loow me to sleep better at night. Who knows...

Then I would definitely spend my money with Tripp-lite or Panamax. Monster does not publish specs on their stuff.

-curtis

Sorry Curtis, I was very seriously considering the Pioneer myself, I just didn't want a silver player! []