Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Home theater set-up options

They're just little black boxes, not that tough to pack in the car. Beats the heck out of cleaning my house and worrying about my 2 year old boy and golden retriever attacking an unsuspecting audio enthusiast.

-Michael

Your two-year old son attacks audio enthusiasts?

[]

Rick

All,

Michael, thank you for the generous offer. Please let me know when you will be up this way so that I can set some time aside to meet.

Curtis, thank you as well and please let me know what you find out.

Regards, Pete.

> Your two-year old son attacks audio enthusiasts?

My two year old is indescriminate in his attacks. I've even seen him attack inanimate objects with much gusto. I keep him away from my speakers, and some house guests.

[] I know a lot of wives who would like to attack audio enthusiasts! []

By the way, Pete, if you are still looking for a reciever, the Denon 3803 is available for $650 shipped: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...hreadid=316148
    Certainly bears consideration if your budget permits.

Michael,

Thanks for the heads up on the Denon 3803 receiver. Unfortunately, now I'm having a hard time picking one. Here's my list. Ideas, thoughts? After this decision, I'll move onto the DVD player and then a universal remote. Thinking of the MX-800 for a RC. Pete.

Denon 3803
    Harman/Kardon 525
    Marantz SR7200
    Yamaha RX-V3000
    Integra DTR-5.4

I love my HK 525 and recommend it to anyone looking for a good mid-fi range reciever. The MX-800 is really a damn fine remote. I will be picking one up soon for our new theater and then I can move the MX-500 to the bedroom.

Pete, the 6th Ave deal on a Denon 3803 for $650 shipped sounds like an awesome deal IMHO!

Guys,

OK, I think I'm set on the receiver front. Now it's time for the DVD player.

I'm leaning towards the Denon DVD-2200 but if I could find the DVD-1600 should I buy it instead and save a few bucks? I ask because I'm buying three DVD players (home theater, bedroom, and family room) so it can add up. Or, should I just step up to the 2200?

Also, at what point would the Universal Remote MX-800 make sense? When you have at least 2, 3, 4, or even 5 pieces of equipment? I ask because I would think that it's kind of overkill for an application where only a TV and a DVD player exist. However, for a home theater set up where several individual remotes reside, I would guess that it's pretty easy to justify and warrant. What do you think?

Lastly, I have questions regarding the Monster Cable PowerCenter equipment. I'm trying to decide between their HTS models. There's the 3600, the 3500, the 2600, the 2500, and they all have 10 power outlets. Your ideas and thoughts here would be appreciated as well.

Almost done. Thanks for the help so far.

Pete.