Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: anybody use 340s with no sub for music listening?

cool, that gives a much better idea about your room setup.

the outlaw LFM-1 is a bit out of reach, but right up your alley IMHO. i 2nd your choice to look into the used/b-stock market. i think that is a good decision. keep your eye on audiogon.com.

yeah, I should've jumped on the B-stock LFM-1s they had a few months ago for $400, which are long gone.

What do you think about a STF-2 vs. VTF-2 vs. a VTF-3? Is the the VTF-3 worth the extra money? Or would the VTF-2 with its extra second port be enough for my SPL cravings?

it's really hard to determine someone else's preference for bass + room interactions. i guess you've begun to notice why many are such strong supporters of a BFD setup. if your primary concern is music then i would submit that the universal preference for a 'musical' sub = 25Hz tune.

the outlaw LFM-1 or hsu STF-3 is probably your next best step while remaining mindful of your budget.

> the outlaw LFM-1 or hsu STF-3 is probably your next best step while remaining mindful of your budget.

yep, Dr. Hsu basically told me the same thing a few months ago. Unfortunately neither model is available on B-stock, Audiogon, or eBay.

Someone on another forum suggested a pair of Dayton 12" subs for around $300, which has me very curious. Definitely not the SQ of an Outlaw or higher level Hsu but should provide very sufficient SPL. Would be an interesting trade-off...