Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 170 Clones?

Quote Originally Posted by Quinn
    Brad-

It may be appropriate to include the fact you do work for AV123 in your signature line.
    I do not work for AV123. I am assisting Rich Hollis and Chris Cahill on refining AV123's MMK measurement system, but I am not paid for this work.

Mark did give me, or state that he would, an XLS paid and X-sub for assisting his crew with setup and measurements at their local event.

I have given companies, including Ascend, feedback on pre-production products. I have not received any money from these companies.

I have extended offers to multiple companies showing at the RMAF to assist them, or provide area information.

I am more than happy to fully disclose my relationship with any company or organization, but I don't think it's appropriate for me to include any of them in a signature line as I don't work for them.

Quote Originally Posted by BradJudy
    I don't think it's appropriate for me to include any of them in a signature line as I don't work for them.
    Nor do I. I think it's absurd to even suggest it.

David

I do not work for AV123. I am assisting Rich Hollis and Chris Cahill on refining AV123's MMK measurement system, but I am not paid for this work.

Mark did give me, or state that he would, an XLS paid and X-sub for assisting his crew with setup and measurements at their local event.

I have given companies, including Ascend, feedback on pre-production products. I have not received any money from these companies.

I have extended offers to multiple companies showing at the RMAF to assist them, or provide area information.

I am more than happy to fully disclose my relationship with any company or organization, but I don't think it's appropriate for me to include any of them in a signature line as I don't work for them.
    Brad, You are correct. There is NO way anyone should suggest you are some form of paid employee for any company. And yes, you have been supportive of a lot of speaker companies. If memory serves, you have a rather lengthy review on Ascends posted on the Ascend site.
    Craig

Thanks for clarifying.

Not a problem. Just give me the benefit of the doubt on being honest and up-front as I make an effort to be both.

This kind of misunderstanding can happen when one starts having more involved discussions with various companies. I wouldn't be surprised if it has happened to Craig for multiple companies (what do you have now, 10 systems with speakers from 15 companies? )

Yes, I did do a long write-up on the Ascends a couple of years ago that was (is?) referenced on the Ascend site.

Thanks,

Brad

Actually, Mark did say that was the speaker system at $179 + $199, so it is the XLS and X-sub.
    That explains why the freq response looked to me like output of a monitor plus a sub--it was.