Thread: Three questions about my new HSU Sub

Default Three questions about my new HSU Sub

1. How come the crossover knob does not line up? That is, I can never turn the mark all the way to 90 hertz. And consequently, when I turn it all the way counter-clockwise, it goes too far. This is generally not a big deal except a) I'd expect better quality. It's not rocket science to figure out where to put your marks and b) Even if I turn it all the way clockwise, I cannot be sure that is considered 90 hertz or not. What if I want 80 hertz? Should I turn it to 70?

2. What are the four heavy brass pieces in the accessory box for? I assume they are feet but they seem a bit sharp to be feet.

3. How come in the accessory box there is an empty slot next to the power cord. Am I missing something?
    Peace!
    Sygyzy

[QUOTE=sygyzy]
    2. What are the four heavy brass pieces in the accessory box for? I assume they are feet but they seem a bit sharp to be feet.
    QUOTE]

Carpet spikes. They are sharp so that they can anchor into the carpet. I would not use them on a wood floor.

Quote Originally Posted by sygyzy
    1. How come the crossover knob does not line up? That is, I can never turn the mark all the way to 90 hertz. And consequently, when I turn it all the way counter-clockwise, it goes too far. This is generally not a big deal except a) I'd expect better quality. It's not rocket science to figure out where to put your marks and b) Even if I turn it all the way clockwise, I cannot be sure that is considered 90 hertz or not. What if I want 80 hertz? Should I turn it to 70?

3. How come in the accessory box there is an empty slot next to the <a href="http://www.serverlogic3.com/lm/rtl3.asp?si=11&k=power%20cord" onmouseover="window.status='power cord'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">power cord</a>. Am I missing something?
    1. Sounds like the knob wasn't installed quite as intended. The settings are probably approximate anyhow. Are you using a reciever with bass management? If so then the knob you are referring to will not matter. Set the sub to "out" and use your receivers' crossover. Setting to "out" disables the knob.

2.Khoi has this covered

3. Not sure. Should have power cord, brass carpet spikes with threaded rod to attach to sub, owners manual and maybe demo/calibration disc. Can't think of anything else.

Randy

Alright, I guess the knob doesn't matter like you said. I'll set it to Out as you said. I saw the switch (In/Out) but was not sure what it does. I am sure my HK has bass management. I mean, that is the recommended setup right? Let my receiver handle the bass management?
    Peace!
    Sygyzy

Quote Originally Posted by sygyzy
    Alright, I guess the knob doesn't matter like you said. I'll set it to Out as you said. I saw the switch (In/Out) but was not sure what it does. I am sure my HK has bass management. I mean, that is the recommended setup right? Let my receiver handle the bass management?
    Yes. Let the receiver handle the bass management.

Randy

The feet aren't optional. They're needed to give sufficient clearance to the floor. If you have wood floors, either put the feet on little rubber furniture pads, or (recommended by Hsu) get a small area rug to put under the subwoofer.

Perfect, I have it setup now but it requires some tweaking. I think the bass might be a little too dirty.
    Peace!
    Sygyzy

Did you receive the Hsu setup guide? It was helpful for me when setting up the sub w/ the receiver. One thing to check, is to make sure your DVD/CD player's setting are optimized too. My DVD player (Sony 975) had it's own settings for speaker size, distances, volume level, etc. Just an FYI, since you may not want multiple devices applying their settings to the sound.

Hsu has a forum. Try http://hsuresearch.com/forum/index.php?

I'm sure you can get help there.