Thread: Downfall

Default Downfall

Watched this last night, well acted and worth a viewing. It is the story of the last days of Hitler and the Third Reich drawn from 2 books, one from his personal secretary. I remember this movie met some controversy about portraying Hitler's more human side, but I think it is well done, and your not going to come away with any sympathy for the man.

smokey is offline Forum Founder
    Volunteer Administrator

Second the recommendation. I studied German history in grad school, and can attest to the "accurate" feel of the movie. Very disturbing, very realistic.

-Smokey.

Thumbs up I was going to post this movie also ....

I watched this film over the weekend. My wife came in at the middle and then actually stayed and watched the rest of the film. It is a foriegn film so you have to read the subtitles but after about the first 2 min. you are drawn into the film. I also heard alot of controversary regarding this film when it was in theaters but, unfortunately, it is a lot better than most of the films that are currently coming out of Hollywood.

The sound was pretty good too. Some battle scenes snuck up on me with some pretty good bass. Picture quality was good but not great.

It should also be noted that the film is a little longer than most 2 1/2 hours but the time goes quickly.
    Dave Nelms