Thread: First HT System - WOW WOW !!!

Thumbs up First HT System - WOW WOW !!!

Hey all,

I received my Ascends few days back... could not open and set it up completely before. I just completed it last night and tested it. It was unbelievable... amazing.... awesome...

My wife loves it too... she loves to sing and has recorded lots of classical songs on the PC. She played them on the HT, she couldnt believe the clarity.

I havent played any DVDs yet except for Yanni - Live at Acropolis. Was not completely satisfied with the results. The overall quality was good but it was lacking the sharpness . Not sure if it was the DVD or some settings that is not set correct for DVD. Will need to experiment more and play around with the settings on the receiver. Any suggestions ?

I am quite happy with the results... NO COMPLAINTS.

Dave, you and your team are going a great job. Keep up the good work.

SSankar
    ---------------------------------

- Onkyo TX-SR 702
    - Ascend CMT-340 Mains
    - Ascend CMT-340C Central
    - Ascend CBM-170 Surrounds
    - Hsu VTF-2 MK 2 Subs

Quote Originally Posted by SSankar
    I havent played any DVDs yet except for Yanni - Live at Acropolis. Was not completely satisfied with the results. The overall quality was good but it was lacking the sharpness . Not sure if it was the DVD or some settings that is not set correct for DVD. Will need to experiment more and play around with the settings on the receiver. Any suggestions ?
    Yes. Don't listen to anymore Yanni.

As stated in another thread, calibration made a huge difference for me. The auto-calibration (just trim levels & distances on my HK) didn't quite cut it. Not til I manually set the the trim levels with an SPL meter, did the Ascends just suddenly wake up. Even my wife noticed a huge difference. And, no, I don't have anything against Yanni.
    Last edited by BGHD; 08-11-2005 at 10:27 PM.

Is your DVD player hooked up to the receiver with a digital audio cable and set to "bitstream" (not PCM)?

SQ really depends on the source recording too. A recent concert DVD I saw (Rush in Rio) didn't sound all that great. Try another disk.