Thread: Superbit DVDs on sale at Best Buy B&M for $9.99

Default Superbit DVDs on sale at Best Buy B&M for $9.99

As reported from FW & DVDTalk, people have been finding various Superbit DVDs w/a sticker price of $9.99. These include but not limited to:

Spiderman 1 & 2
    S.W.A.T.
    Resident Evil
    Bad Boys
    Charlie's Angels
    XXX
    Snatch
    Once Upon a Time in Mexico
    The Patriot
    Heavy Metal

Black Hawk Down, The Mask of Zorro are still stickered at $21.99. Someone reported that they are starting to correct some of these prices so get them while you can!

What's the general consensus on Superbit DVDs anyway? Are they noticeably better than the non-Superbit editions or is it a big marketing gimmick?

Quote Originally Posted by Cliff_L
    What's the general consensus on Superbit DVDs anyway? Are they noticeably better than the non-Superbit editions or is it a big marketing gimmick?
    videowise, 5th Element yes, Spidey 2

audio...wow, so many to choose from: 5thE, Bad Boys II, Spidey 2, BHD (all DTS)

Quote Originally Posted by Cliff_L
    Usually more care is taken in mastering and the print looks cleaner, sharper and has more clarity and color depth. A HUGE improvement over the standard release... this is certainly true with the ones that I own.

I believe that every Superbit includes a DTS soundtrack, and that alone can be worth the price of admission.

I have A-B'd several of them with their original release and the difference is extremely noticeable. So far, they have been worth every penny.

Cheers

shane
    Yes Eve, I like to watch.

My setup:
    http://www.fototime.com/5EF1F78FC789849/orig.jpg
    HT: 340SE's Front & Center - 340 Classic's Surround, SVS PB110-ISD.
    Office (2-ch): 170SE's