Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910

Thread: Panasonic SA-XR55 receiver

bummer, dude...
    CMT-340SE2 Mains & Center, CBM-170SE Surrounds, Rythmik F15, Emotiva XMC-1, Emotiva XPA-5

Quote Originally Posted by chas
    Sorry to hear that David. So what's next after the wake?
    http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-SA-X...4267321&sr=8-2

David

Reiviving this thread to ask for feedback re: the quality of the radio tuner in the SA-55. My in-laws have asked me to update their ridiculously outdated stereo system to take advantage of their so-called "surround sound" (four speakers in the ceiling) and I think the Panny's minimalist size and affordability would appeal to them, but I'd hate to look like a goof if something as elementary as the radio didn't work quite right out of the box.

I have no complaints about the FM reception though I do live in a remote area and don't expect crystal clarity on all stations. I'm only using an indoor "T" antenna as well, nothing like a Terk, etc. let alone something roof-mounted.

I have mine in a tv stand near the floor so my receptions is not great (a longer antenna would fix this). However my parents have theirs in the top of a stereo cabinet near the ceiling, and have no problems picking up stations with the stock antennas.

Thanks for the feedback guys. One more question: do you happen to know if the Panny has a phantom center channel option?