My 7mo old Denon 2900 has ben acting up every once in a while. Only on DVDs.

Sometimes when vieiwng a DVD, the image & audio will freeze for a few seconds or skip frames and jitter. It does it once or twice a month, even with new DVDs fresh out of the wrapper. It plays audio CDs, SACD, and DVD-A titles flawlessly, it's just every once in a while on movies it screws up. Sometimes ejecting the DVD and restarting clears up the problem, but it usually happens at an in-opertune time.

I just called Listen-Up (at my expense), the eTailer I purchased it from. I was told that all warranty work is done through Denon, and I must speak with them. I just finished placing 27 phone calls with Marantz/Denon, with no help but a secretary who kept forwarding my calls to an automated service which gave me answering machines, many of which had full mailboxes.

Placed two more calls to Listen-Up at my expense. I was told that I could ship it to them, and they would ship it to Denon. Turn-around would be 4-8wks. I asked for an equivalent replacement, and he told me that they will not replace it. Then I told him I was kind of upset being stuck with a paperweight that has a $1000 MSRP, and that I have to wait 2 months before I even get it back. He said "Sorry".

I will never own a Denon or Marantz product again. Let it be known they are hereby on my $#!T list. I'll use this unit for now, but having it skip/lockup at random once a month while watching a DVD shows how much quality Denon places into their trash.

I'm ready to crack some skulls. I feel like going out and voting for a bunch of neo-con republicans.

Some warranty. "Yeah we'll fix it, you should have it back around late September/Early October". Man am I ticked off right now. I'm so sour I'm not sure I want to even purchase a PJ tomorrow. Now I can't sleep either.

I wish Ascend Acoustics and SVS made everything I need for HT.