Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The sweet corn is ready!

Default The sweet corn is ready!

The sweet corn from our large garden out at the farm is extra delicious this year. Last night I gorged myself on 5 ears...dripping with real butter and lightly salted. This morning we picked a few bushels and my wife will can it for consumption thru the winter. Mmmmmmmm!

Randy

I'll trade you some New England lobster, apples, cranberries, and maple syrup for some of your Mid-West corn, prime-rib, and cheese.

Now I'm hungry.
    -curtis

And you can send me some Avocados, Sonoma Wines, Yellowtail, and Citrus Fruits...

Mmmmmm...cactus!! Who's hungry?

Quote Originally Posted by mattepntr
    Mmmmmm...cactus!! Who's hungry?
    Thanks for reminding me why I left the desert 34 years ago and never regreted it. Riding next to corn fields all weekend never got boring. Another two weeks and we'll be in corn heaven.

David

Mmmmm! We should plan a GTG with everyone bringing their regional delicacies. Nicholas is in charge of lobster and baked apples, Curtis the wine and fruit desert, me the corn on the cob and prime rib... Bikeman and anyone else?? Mattepntr, I think you're going to have to do a little better than cactus or you are going to be placed in charge of doing the dishes.

Randy

If we hold the GTG in February, I vote Curtis as the host. Syracuse is the snoweist mid-size city in the U.S. We're just a few miles south of the snoweist small-size city in the U.S. Just ta explain my vote.
    If we hold it in summer, I vote Nicholas and I put it together. The northeast in summer makes us forget the winter. A great place to live if you're into the outdoors.
    Randy would be a compromise between the coasts but I've been to Iowa. Nice people but too hot in summer and too cold in winter.
    We could choose to get the VIP tour of the Ascend World Headquarters in which case we could all stay at the Fabrikant Hilton. I'd like to see Dave explain this group to his wife.

David

Quote Originally Posted by Lou-the-dog
    Mattepntr, I think you're going to have to do a little better than cactus or you are going to be placed in charge of doing the dishes.

Randy
    Not so fast...I'm bringing the margaritas!! A few of those and you won't
    care what you're eating!

Quote Originally Posted by mattepntr
    Not so fast...I'm bringing the margaritas!! A few of those and you won't
    care what you're eating!
    Hehe! Margaritas it is! You're officially off kitchen duty then!

And Bikeman...talk of crashing the Fabrikant's is sure to bring DaveF out of lurker mode.

Randy