Thread: My new, sweet HTM-200s

Default My new, sweet HTM-200s

I just got my pair of HTM-200s today after waiting a week for them to ship to me due to there being a shortage (no surprise there). I hooked them up as replacements for the satellite portion of my Klipsch Promedia 2.1 set (with some Belden 12 AWG speaker cables from Blue Jeans Cable) and I could immediately notice the difference. The midrange seems much more forward, the sound much more neutral, balanced, and less fatigueing. I especially noticed the difference for stringed instruments and drums. They do every genre of music I listen to very well (rock, metal, classical, industrial, etc...). To summarize, I was basically blown away by the difference and I am definitely satisfied by my purchase. Chock one up for Ascend Acoustics! I am going to recommend these speakers to my friends and look forward to exploring the higher end models in the future.

Stringed instruments and vocals are really a strong point of these speakers. You are not alone in noticing that. I also think that often recordings that feature those sorts of instruments are well made, as compared to some pop music. And we all know Ascend speakers really show off good recordings.

I can't wait to set up a entire 7.1 system. Right now, I'm just using a 2.1 system, and I'm loving it. (cue McD's commercial)

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianKnight
    I just got my pair of HTM-200s today after waiting a week for them to ship to me due to there being a shortage (no surprise there). I hooked them up as replacements for the satellite portion of my Klipsch Promedia 2.1 set (with some Belden 12 AWG speaker cables from Blue Jeans Cable) and I could immediately notice the difference. The midrange seems much more forward, the sound much more neutral, balanced, and less fatigueing. I especially noticed the difference for stringed instruments and drums. They do every genre of music I listen to very well (rock, metal, classical, industrial, etc...). To summarize, I was basically blown away by the difference and I am definitely satisfied by my purchase. Chock one up for Ascend Acoustics! I am going to recommend these speakers to my friends and look forward to exploring the higher end models in the future.
    I have to agree. I have CBM-170s, they definately embarrass the Klipsch Promedia Ultra 5.1's that I have stuck doing surround duty The Ultra sub will soon be intimidated by a Rocket UFW-10. Hehe.

Congrats on your purchase and welcome to the Ascend family.

cue: "awwwwwwwwwwwww"
    Jon O.