Thread: 340's w/ Pio 1014tx

Default 340's w/ Pio 1014tx

Anyone drive their 340's with a Pio 1014tx?

My slightly pre owned 340 mains are on the way. Will be a bit before I add the 340c.

Just wondering to the level of satisfaction driving these with the Pio 1014.

Thanks.

This receiver has gotten very good reviews on the AVS Forums. You'll have no trouble powering the 340's with this unit.
    I recently picked up my 340C after several months with the 340M's. I glad I waited on the C. It gave me a better perspective on the M's.

David

Quote Originally Posted by bikeman
    This receiver has gotten very good reviews on the AVS Forums. You'll have no trouble powering the 340's with this unit.
    I recently picked up my 340C after several months with the 340M's. I glad I waited on the C. It gave me a better perspective on the M's.

David
    I also see you quite a bit on ht forum (mikeyweitz over there).

What were you using as your center previous to the 340c or were you a phantom guy?

I am going to have to use my JBL EC35 (which is a great center by the way) with the 340m's until I move my 3 JBL fronts.

Not that I do not like the EC35, but we know it is not matched to the 340's.

I may go phantom (like au'natural) if I do not like they way they mix together.

Quote Originally Posted by mboy
    I also see you quite a bit on ht forum (mikeyweitz over there).
    What were you using as your center previous to the 340c or were you a phantom guy?
    I am going to have to use my JBL EC35 (which is a great center by the way) with the 340m's until I move my 3 JBL fronts.
    Not that I do not like the EC35, but we know it is not matched to the 340's.
    I may go phantom (like au'natural) if I do not like they way they mix together.
    Had to cut back on forum participation due to summer so I haven't been on HT Forum in awhile. I'll be back when the snow flies.
    I had a CSW CC Plus. It was OK but the 340C is in a different league both acoustically and dollar wise. Let us know how the M's blend with the JBL's.
    The 340's do a very good job in phantom. Definitely try it.

David

My sister has a Pioneer 1014 powering her 170 mains and 340C.
    The combo sounds excellent!

About discreet vs. phantom center, it's really a preference thing. They
    don't sound anything alike, IMO. I like having dialogue etc. locked to
    the image. Running a phantom center makes the dialogue imaging
    more "diffuse", and the effect is ruined if you decide to sit anywhere
    outside the sweet spot. YMMV.

I am a firm believer in a center channel, but a matched one. I will have to live with the JBL (which again, is the best $150 center you can buy IMO).

I have this combo and it sounds AWESOME! Everyone that listens to it is amazed by the detail and natural sound. Go for the Pio, you wont be dissapointed!

I also have the 1014tx with the 340mains. Very nice sound. I wish the 1014 had a 60hz crossover point, but 80hz works nicely. Do you have a sub mboy?

With my old speakers I preferred using the MCACC auto-eq settings (either ALL CH ADJ or FRONT) for movies and TV, but with the Ascends I prefer to keep the eq turned off.

I have the 1014 and I also have the Dayton 10" sub w/ BFD.

Just got my 340 mains today (stil using JBL EC35 center for now).

I am torn between the EQ and no EQ for the Pio. On or off sounds god, just different.

I am def. going to have to re-eq my sub tho.

Def. noticed the improved detail. I am going to play around more tomorrow when no one is hme :-0