Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: CMB-170 Audition Request in Fort Worth, TX

Trey,

You da man. Sounds like a great setup. I can't wait to see how your HTPC setup works. I've considered building / converting a computer to serve the function of CD / DVD player / DVR / HD tuner / gaming rig / internet terminal but could never find a good way to get the 5.1 / 7.1 sound out and still have processing modes intact. I'd like to see how the connections work.

Good advice on the Ascends return shipping for demo purposes- in fact when the time comes I'm planning on ordering a pair of the Axiom M3s and Aperion 522s to do some side by side with the CBM-170s, then the winner gets the rest of the order while the two losers take a return trip with Mr. UPS. Its tempting just to pull the trigger on the front pair right now, despite the fact the new room is not done!

By the way, Ascend offers a really neat bundle purchase deal if you order the remainder within 45 days. That lets you audition and then pull the trigger on the rest.

~Josh

Quote Originally Posted by Trey
    Another note to those considering Ascend: The return shipping for a pair of 170s is only $16. I think that's a pretty low price to pay for being able to demo these spkrs in your own room with your own equipment at your own leisure.
    Good point Trey. Considering the true cost of operating a vehicle at $.50 per mile one could only drive 32 miles round-trip for an audition to break even. Auditioning in your own home for 30 days is easily worth the $16 bucks.

Randy