Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: CMB-170 Audition Request in Fort Worth, TX

Default CBM-170 Audition Request in Fort Worth, TX

I'm a few months away from purchase, but the CBM-170s are right at the top of my short list.

Looking for anyone in the Fort Worth / Dallas area willing to let me listen to their setup.

Thanks!

~Josh
    Last edited by Josh Wilken; 07-19-2005 at 10:01 PM.

What, no one in the DFW area owns a set?

At least nobody that visits the board.

There are owners in Texas...but the state is so BIG.
    -curtis

Default A long shot but...

I'll be coming down to Dallas (from Little Rock) to visit a good friend of mine probably Labor Day weekend (and possibly sometime mid August). If you haven't gotten an audition by then (and are still interested), I could bring down a pair of 170s for you to listen to (assuming my friend is ok with it at his house), or we could do it at your place too.

Cliff,

If I haven't found someone by then I'll take you up on the generous offer! Whichever way is more convenient for you. Just let me know when you get ready to head down and we can make the arrangements. I'll provide the Shiner Bock (Texas beer)

Thanks!

~Josh

I'm in Irving but I have 340's. If you'd like to hear those you are welcome to.

CraigT,

Aside from the looks and extra driver, what are the sound differences between the 340s and the 170s? If its still ok, I'll probably take you up on your offer, if nothing else just to check out the build quality and overall sound from "one of the family members"

Thanks!

~Josh

CraigT,
    just joined the forum and saw your reply. I'm right over in Plano and am contemplating getting the 170s, but would love an opportunity to hear the 340s. Perhaps I could join in the demo.
    A buddy of mine has got an Axiom HT setup (M22 mains) which I'm gonna listen to again before I buy, but if I remember from the last time I heard them, they're a bit too bright for my tastes.
    Anyway, I'd love to hear yours. It would give me a reference point when reading the comparisons between the 170s and 340s.

thanks,
    Trey Downey

Trey,

Lets see if we can coordinate a time to impose on CraigT (if he's still game to showing his system off). I'd like to get your take on the Axioms M22s in comparison to the 340s.

~Josh

Josh, Craig,

I'm planning to order before Monday, so would really like to audition the 340s by Sat/Sun if at all possible. I'll be listening to the axioms tomorrow but would really like to base my decision on hearing the Ascends too. If this weekend is possible, I'd be very grateful and will bring the Correlejo Anejo Margs and/or home-roasted Kenyan beans for coffee for the show.
    If this weekend is not possible I certainly understand because of the short notice and would still like to hear the 340s sometime.

thanks,
    Trey