Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FYI: 340s with stands on audiogon for $500

Default FYI: 340s with stands on audiogon for $500

If we include actual shipping costs for stands and speakers, how much are we saving? I'd need a lot better deal than that to buy used. YMMV.

David

Ascends really seem to hold their resale value and typically sell used at 80-90% of new. I own a set of speakers from a different internet direct company that I would be lucky to fetch 40% of new...and they are only 7 mo old!

Randy

Can't help but wonder why someone would sell the 340s. Obviously, they fit their price range or they wouldn't have bought them originally and I find it hard to believe they were disappointed in their performance. Student loan come calling? Bad gambling debts? Oh well, I guess not everybody can love the same speakers I do ;-)

Nearly 25% off seems like a good deal to me. Of course that is their asking price that necessarily the price they will accept. Ascend doesn't eat as much of the shipping as they used. Or maybe it is they aren't eating the shipping increases.

Default I got'em

I was the one that purchased them today. The seller apparently had some perosnal issues and needed to recoup some cash. I wound up getting them for $500 shipped, which I think, is a pretty good deal for speakers that are 6 months old with 4.5 years left on transferrable warranty.
    I would not have been able to convince the wife to spend $700 shipped, but 500 was a bit easier to sell.

Now I have to sell of my JBL front 3 so I can swing a 340 center. In the meantime, I am stuck using my JBL EC35 with the Ascends (when they arrive).

All in all I am happy with my decision. How often do you see mint, just broken in 340's for 25% less then new?

Congrats. With shipping, that's a good deal. Let us know your thoughts after you've had time to hear for yourself what the buzz is all about.

David

Default :-)

Thanks David, very excited to get them.

Unfortunately, I can't swing a the 340c yet, hoping to get another good deal on a used or see if Ascend has a Bstock and what they go for.

Very much looking forward to a long and happy experience with the Ascends!

Said in his Maxwell Smart voice, "missed em by that much". I know I just dated myself really bad, congrats on the purchase Mboy! Let us know how they compare to your JBL's when you get em.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyCasaba
    Said in his Maxwell Smart voice, "missed em by that much". I know I just dated myself really bad, congrats on the purchase Mboy! Let us know how they compare to your JBL's when you get em.

Would you believe it if I said this much? (in My Maxwell smart voice).

Used to love that show. Best intro of any show on TV ever.

REALLY looking forward to getting them.