Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FYI: 340s with stands on audiogon for $500

Well, I got them (perfectly packaged-great transaction overall).
    Speakers/Stands are MINT. Look brand new. Seller included Original receipt so I could transfer warranty. These were pruchased in March, so they are just broken in :-).

28-29% discount on these, tell me that is not a great deal (my wife is like whatever,lol).

Sold my JBL's today, so ordered the 340c this am (couldn't wait on used or bstock).

Now I know what you guys are talkin' about.

If it is in the source material, this speakers will let you hear it.
    AWESOME.

You got a great deal...enjoy!!

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by mboy
    Well, I got them (perfectly packaged-great transaction overall).
    Speakers/Stands are MINT. Look brand new. Seller included Original receipt so I could transfer warranty. These were pruchased in March, so they are just broken in :-).

28-29% discount on these, tell me that is not a great deal (my wife is like whatever,lol).

Sold my JBL's today, so ordered the 340c this am (couldn't wait on used or bstock).

AWESOME.
    Wow...did you get a chance to compare at all?
    -curtis

AWESOME.
    Good and bad. That is the only problem. I have found that I won't let my wife listen to some music 'cause Ascend shows the flaws.

You got a great deal. Let us know how it goes.
    What if the Hokey Pokey is what it's all about?

Still waitin on the Center (monday delivery), but I am Def. enjoying the 340ms. (not a big fan of phantom center right now tho).

I did get to compare to the JBL e80's before I soldthem. The Ascends are noticeably clearer. def notice things I hae never heard before. Subtle stuf, breaths in movies,singer voice changing pitch etc.
    The JBLS def. colored the midrange, to the point of being slightly muddy or "lacking detail" in the mid range.
    The Ascends have no such problem.

REALLY enjoying them..
    Of course, it made me realize my Dayton 10 is not in the same class, so SVS 16-46PC+ should be here Friday, hehehehe!

Of course, it made me realize my Dayton 10 is not in the same class, so SVS 16-46PC+ should be here Friday, hehehehe!
    My Dayton (with BFD) had been adaquet but I'm itching to get a more musical sub that can go deep. I'm waiting for imput and pricing on the HSU HO before deciding which direction to go. I hate it when they announce a product and several months later it's still vaporware. I'll just havta be patient. Not always my strong suit.

David