Thread: Audition request in No VA

Default Audition request in No VA

I've heard good things about the Ascend speakers and am thinking of buying them. But, I'm a little uncomfortable buying a speaker I haven't heard. If anyone in the No VA area - Fairfax co, Loudoun co or adjacent counties would be willing to let me hear their speakers, I'd appreciate it.

Default va audition

Quote Originally Posted by BJG2005
    I've heard good things about the Ascend speakers and am thinking of buying them. But, I'm a little uncomfortable buying a speaker I haven't heard. If anyone in the No VA area - Fairfax co, Loudoun co or adjacent counties would be willing to let me hear their speakers, I'd appreciate it.
    BJG2005,

I also live in VA and was looking for an audition but no one offered. It seems lots of folks on this list live out west. Regardless, I think I am buying them soon. I am also skeptical about an online purchase of speakers but recently I took the plunge with SVS and was very satisfied. I will most likely buy within the next month. Look for me on this forumn. I will most likely post a review of the ascends after I receive them. btw, I plan to buy 340s for the fronts (L,C,R) and am contemplating about the rears. I have some good polks that could find a new job as surrounds but buying acends as a package saves some money so I may just throw in the towel and get surrounds while I'm at it. I'm leaning towards the 170s for surrounds. I am sure they will be fine for HT but I know in the near furure I will step into the SACD and DVD audio arena. From what I read, one should have identical speakers all around where music playback is concerned.

Khoi
    Last edited by khoi911; 07-14-2005 at 12:47 PM. Reason: errors

I want to hear them also! Anyone in the Washington DC area have Ascends?

Default I have them now

I'm in ashburn if you want an audition. Just let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson73
    I want to hear them also! Anyone in the Washington DC area have Ascends?

I live in Fairfax VA we can set something up if you like
    to anyone
    I am proud of my Ascends
    CBM-170 L,C,R,LS,RS,BS
    Pioneer 1015
    HSU VTF 3 MK II

Default Audition in NO VA

I live further west between Purcellville and Middleburg, if you live out this way and want to audition the Ascends. I have the 340s SE. Receiver is the Panasonic XR55. Seems to work well with them. Subwoofer is still on order.