Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Receivers for Dummies

yeah, thanks, I saw that

Trouble is - I am out of extra money at the moment and my axioms are beech color.

But the price is good.

darn. post a WTB - want to buy on either audiogon or axiomaudio.com forum. there may be someone w/ a beech color qs4 that wants to change surround models? may be worth a shot when you're ready.

axiom has a b-stock waiting list. http://www.axiomaudio.com/factoryoutlet.html you may want to look at that from time to time.

I will do that. I have one posted for Q2s - but they are harded to find, especially in beech - they might not even exist.

My main question, though, is - are matching speakers for surrounds worth $350-400? How much better will it sound?

My current surrounds are decent but the trebel is tipped up more than the Q4s would be, I think.

My main question, though, is - are matching speakers for surrounds worth $350-400? How much better will it sound?
    whether or not it's worth it for X $ can become subjective. if it was me, i would eventually get axiom speakers for surrounds. remember you'd also match the color at the same time. i believe you'll have a more cohesive surround package with their speakers.

have you considered their m2i model as surrounds? would those fit? you already use this as your center, right? it's quite a bit cheaper. also, i believe direct firing surrounds are superior due to the current level of digital processing that exists these days (which your receiver already has).

it's just something that i would eventually change. you certainly have every reason to wait until you feel comfortable making the change. do you have a birthday coming up? axiom has gift certificates.
    Last edited by metalaaron; 07-15-2005 at 08:52 AM. Reason: added axiom gift certificate link