Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: htm-200 mounts

I just got brackets from the hardware store. When I had HTM-200's, had them mounted the same way as the CBM-170's are in these pictures:

-curtis

thanks for the reply. i had seen your solution (at avs?) but i preferred to have it mount flush to the wall with the non ported htm-200.

any other thoughts, or are there other brackets at the hardware store that might work (i plan to go take a look too)

By flush, do you mean right up against the wall? Back to the wall or side to the wall?

-curtis

i would mount them with the back of the speaker flush to the wall. they will face inward from the lateral walls toward the center seating.

| |
    |s--> x <---s|
    | |

Do you mean like this:

I first mounted my 200 surrounds using the omnimount brackets, but my wife and I both hated how it looked. So, I removed the slotted keyhole brackets off of my old crappy surround speakers and screwed them to the back of each 200. They look like this:

I also added two rubber feet to the bottom of the speakers so that they hang parallel to the wall and to prevent them from swinging.

If you don't have any old speakers with brackets like this, don't worry. Before I decided to use these brackets I went to home depot and bought some d-ring picture hangers, like this:

http://www.lowes.com/lkn?action=howT...sScrewsAnchors

I think these would have worked just fine. Just make sure that the screw used to hang the speakers on is screwed into a stud.

Good luck,
    Derek

P.S. I can't take credit for the d-ring brackets. I read about them someplace else.

P.P.S. Thanks Curtis for hosting these pics!

Nice pictures, Derek... [:I]

How does one insert pictures into posts on this board?

Derek...do you have the images stored on a server somewhere? If not, you can send them to me I can fix your post for you.

-curtis

OK...fixed it for Derek

-curtis

Hey Derek,
    Didn't you once say that you bought Omnimount 20's and wanted to sell them? Were they 200 specific or could you use them with the 170s? I finally got my system and now I need to figure out what to do with my surrounds

Also what shaft length do the omni mounts come in?

...Marko

Yep I still have them. Here is what they look like:

http://www.omnimount.com/product.asp?p=54

They will work with both the 200s and the 170s. Off the top of my head, I'd guess the shaft length is about three inches, but I will measure it tonight.

Derek