Thread: What's this I hear...

Default What's this I hear...

about a possible new product from Ascend?
    Any hints and/or timeframes?

Where did you hear this?
    -curtis

If there's anything that is being released soon, it's news to me. Last I heard, any new products were a while out.

Are you referring to this post? http://forum.ascendacoustics.com/sho...08&postcount=7

I think he is referring to Dave's hints that one is in the works. Not any info that a new model is coming out any time soon.

Ascend doesn't release info on new products until the product is production ready. He will not pre-sell a product 6 plus months before it is availible to ship like other companies. Nor he will he have to deal with all those constant questions about when will "it" be ready to ship. BTW- Dave spends 1-2 years delevoping a speaker. The 170 has been out 5 years without a version II and still has no competition at it's price point.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinn
    Ascend doesn't release info on new products until the product is production ready.
    Unless Ascend wants sales of current models to come to a halt as people wait for the new models, it's in their best interest to keep it under wraps as long as possible. But, OTH, they don't want people left hanging in anticipation for months or years, which can alienate/frustrate some customers. For me, since I purchased recently, I'm hoping it'll be years for any new models It took a miracle for me to get the WAF-approval on my recent purchase, so can't imagine what it'll take to upgrade again anytime soon.

When the 340 came out Ascend offered all recent customers an exchange program and a pro-rated trade-in program(based on condition of the traded-in speakers) for others.
    Last edited by Quinn; 07-06-2005 at 02:03 PM.

Good to know. That's definitely more WAF-approved than a full upgrade.

Even if they didn't, Ascends don't come up too often for sale used, so they typically go fast with decent resale value.

Quote Originally Posted by BradJudy
    Even if they didn't, Ascends don't come up too often for sale used, so they typically go fast with decent resale value.
    Good point. Used 170s generally get 80-85% of new.