Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: upgraders

What is interesting, tho, is that what speakers I have heard outside the Ascend lineup only reaffirms how great the Ascends really are.

I plan on getting a projector to replace my 51" Sony when we move into the new house. Also, adding a few more monoblocks and replacing my Yamaha receiver with a pre/pro will be in the works. I think "taking it to the next level" works for me more than simply upgrading the products I currently have. For example, after I got my Yamaha HTR-5790, my eye caught the Pioneer Elite 56TXi. But, instead of getting yet another receiver, I decided to save and wait for a pre/pro. The only speakers out there that really interest me are the new Adire LCR's. But, until the move is complete and I have a shop to work in, that's out of the question.
    - EVH III

Default Curse Dave F. :)

I feel like I'm always researching and reading trying to learn more and it always makes me want to at least see or hear something new. I can't really jump into upgradeitis yet since I haven't finished my setup, but I have to say I am so happy with my 170s that I find myself lusting over 340 pictures from time to time

I finally got my PC hooked up to my HK 435 so I could listen to my 1500 songs from college....I definately need a CD/SACD/DVD-A library upgrade. Curse Ascend for showing me MP3s do not cut it

I do have a serious problem with over-researching and not buying at all. I still don't have a sub, decent dvd player, decent audio player and haven't finished the DIY screen for my PJ yet. Inaction is my creed! The forum my double-edged sword!

Other than that I have other hobbies to blow money on: offroading, auto detailing, TV shows on DVD, mountain biking, computers, lawn care (groan), reading all the damn Wheel of Time books, food......
    Jon O.

Wink it's been a while but...

Long time no see eh Curtis? Well I wouldn't say that I've got a case of the upgraditis (or however you spell it) but my personal life is improving and am getting back into the swing of old hobbies. Last year I got my 340 mains and center and was going to get the 170's for rears but stuff came up that didn't allow me to do that. Now I'm getting back in the motion and am e-mailing away to see about those 170's! I might order an extra pair just to have as monitors. I dove in and went for an SVS PC-Ultra sub and now I'm reading about this new Hsu "HO" model sub that's due to come out?! Why didn't anyone tell me about this? Well we shall see how things turn out...i have high expectations from the PC-Ultra and I'm sure it will do me good.

-Johnal

Hey Johnal!!

The Ultra sub should bring you lots of pleasure!

Welcome back!
    -curtis

Welcome back Johnal! Did you end up with that H/K 7200 you were eyeing?

Yes I did actually! Wow impressive memory! lol It's quite the beast and I'm still 100% satisfied with my purchase. Now all I need are my 170's and I'm set for some serious LOTR! I'm still using a rather ghetto self made speaker stand for my center as it's actually placed ABOVE my TV but It's angled down a bit so it works.