Thread: Source for rubber feet?

Default Source for rubber feet?

I have the original stands Ascend sold for the 170. We put in hardwood floors awhile ago. The spikes keep getting knocked off the solid flooring discs. I don't see anything on partsexpress or madisound that seems to screw in the threading for the floor spikes. Anybody have any ideas?

Do it just put felt on them?

You can get stick-on rubber feet at pretty much any hardware store.

Default Maybe these would work

Quote Originally Posted by Quinn
    I have the original stands Ascend sold for the 170. We put in hardwood floors awhile ago. The spikes keep getting knocked off the solid flooring discs. I don't see anything on partsexpress or madisound that seems to screw in the threading for the floor spikes. Anybody have any ideas?

Do it just put felt on them?
    http://www.hsuresearch.com/forum/showthread.php?t=874

I was looking for something to put on TOP of my stands(where the speakers sits), and looked around my house......
    I found some Frost King X-Treme weatherseal Self stick Tape I used for my doors,I bought (2) 10' rolls of this stuff a week ago at Home depot for like $5 ea.
    5/8"x5/8"x5/16" ribbed design ( I used the EPDM stuff)
    http://frostking.com/windoorweather.php

I just cut it into small strips(3/4"), and applied it to the stand.
    The speakers are solid on the stands now, they do not move at all, and I cant see the seal/rubber......

While I was there looking over their weatherseal stuff, I also bought some thicker foam type seal (I think it was 1 1/4x3/8- they had a LOAD of different types/weights/materials to choose from), which I use under the rear of my CC to slope it towards the listener.
    IOW, if you want something thats EZ to apply, cheap, and easily aquired, ya MAY want to take off those spikes altogether, and look into some of these items.
    Ya may just find something you like, without any drilling or any of that other stuff.
    Those rubber feet look like they'd do a fine job as well.

Good Luck,

muzz
    Last edited by muzz; 12-12-2006 at 06:38 PM.
    Wasting $ on garbage is like challenging a dragon with a pocket knife....