Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: anyone use an EQ with their Ascends?

thanks Jerry,

I'll look into the AudioControl EQs.

> As others have mentioned, EQ cannot correct really major problems.

After tonight I am wondering if maybe I should just be happy for what I have right now, in the room position I have it in right now.

I mean, one year ago my HT system consisted of a Sony minisystem and a pair of tiny Mordaunt Short bookshelves in the same cavernous space...

Eddie...
    Oh man, I feel for you! Sorry to hear about the bump in the carpet! Ugh.

On the other hand, perhaps this is the sign from the audio-gods telling you that you need to flip the room in order to hide it.

E-d-d-i-e...f-l-i-p-t-h-e-r-o-o-m-!

BTW, as a group, I'm sure we can help convince your wife that... ah, no, wait a minute, bad idea.

Cheers

shane
    Yes Eve, I like to watch.

My setup:
    http://www.fototime.com/5EF1F78FC789849/orig.jpg
    HT: 340SE's Front & Center - 340 Classic's Surround, SVS PB110-ISD.
    Office (2-ch): 170SE's

> On the other hand, perhaps this is the sign from the audio-gods telling you that you need to flip the room in order to hide it.

no way of hiding it even with a flip, since it's in the middle of the walkway...sigh.

Looks like I may have to pay some Home Depot person to come out and repair the hump.

Talking Heads-up about running under carpet

Thanks for the heads-up about running wire under the carpet. I was considering this to eliminate a 40-50 ft. run of wire to a surround speaker. I could also run it up over the ceiling, but I don't like the way that looks, even inside a cable runner or something like that.

Funny note by the way (to me at least, I'm sure not to you!)

leon

Default Nora Jones

Hi Eddie

Relax, you're not alone. Upon seeing your concerns about the hiss on the "Come Away with Me", I put this CD on my system and also found that weird brushes/cymbals playing continuously in the song. I guess it is the original recording. The rest of the instruments and voice look well, but that noise is really boring. As you know, my system is no high end: Yammy RXV-520 and Polk small satellites. So, it is not a problem of the speakers sensitivity. I turned the receiver treble button down and the hiss was well reduced, so I understood why you wanted the EQ. Nevertheless, maybe just one or another strange recording won't justify adding an EQ to your system.