Thread: Download Beethoven's symphonies for free!

Default Download Beethoven's symphonies for free!

Download all nine of Beethoven's symphonies here the day after they are broadcast. All the symphonies are performed by BBC Philharmonic, conducted by Gianandrea Noseda.

Link to download page

Symphonies 1 & 3 will be broadcast on Monday 6th June, and available to download from Tuesday 7th June to Monday 13th June.

Symphonies 2, 4 & 5 will be broadcast on Tuesday 7th June, and available to download from Wednesday 8th June to Tuesday 14th June.

Symphony 6 will be broadcast on Monday 27th June, and available to download from Tuesday 28th June to Monday 4th July.

Symphony 7 will be broadcast on Tuesday 28th June, and available to download from Wednesday 29th June to Tuesday 5th July.

Symphony 8 will be broadcast on Wednesday 29th June, and available to download from Thursday 30th June to Wednesday 6th July.

Symphony 9 will be broadcast on Thursday 30th June, and available to download from Friday 1st July to Thursday 7th July.

very nice. thanks for taking the time to post this!

Yes.. I agree, VERY nice!!

Nice post Cliff and thanks for sharing.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Default Can someone suggest a classical DVD?

I have been thinking about adding some classical music to my growing DVD music collection. Can somebody recommend something?

I know next to nothing about classical music but I did d/l the 1st free symphony from the above link and it sounds pretty darn good. Lots of dynamics and energy. Things I would like to have would be widescreen and DD 5.1 or DTS to show off my new Plasma and Ascend based surround sound system. The only thing I know I don't like is opera. Sorry, but it is just not to my liking. I do have Sarah Brightman La Luna which I enjoy because of her voice and mix of music.
    Thanks.

Oops...I was going to reply to recommend some CDs, but saw that you wanted classical DVDs...can't help that there, but Dvorak's New World Symphony is one of my favorites if you're into very dynamic, exciting classical music.

The Telarc label is a pretty good place to look.

Just bumping this thread to remind everyone. Don't forget that the remaining symphonies can be downloaded this week starting today!

Thanks for the reminder Cliff!