Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: What/Who is your favorite group/singer?

My personal favorite is U2. Incidentally, their Elevation tour DVD looks very nice on my big screen.

Liked Van Halen in my high school years, but its been a while since they have produced anything worth listening to.

Chris

I guess that I'm just getting old, but I find myself mostly buying older releases on cd that I had on lp years ago. WamiMan, I too enjoy U2 and found Elevation to be a most worthwhile effort. Van Halen, well those guys need to find some way to get get along with each other!

My favorite right now has got to be Blind Guardian. They're a power metal band that creates a unique atmosphere using an amazing lead guitarist, not to mention a great singer and a choir to back him up. In their cd "Nightfall In Middle Earth" these talented artist actually recreate a novel writen by tolken (spelling?) in which alot of the songs have a medival sound to them. If you even have the slightest interest in metal, middle earth or just great talent, check them out. If you download music, download these two songs to get a taste of them - " Into The Storm" and "Nightfall".

Fiona Apple

I am really liking Gavin DeGraw's CD right now. He has a sound very similiar to early Springstein or Billy Joel.

Don't really have an all-time favorite music selection but will listen to just about anything by The Who, Glenn Miller or Dave Matthews Band.

So far my favorite CD to test out my new Ascends is Josh Groban, Closer album. Man that guy has some pipes, and you can hear Josh taking breaths on the CBM-340/170s. It will be the first disk I pop in to show off my system to my parents.

I'm also old. I really like Manhattan Transfer, but for this Christmas, Take 6's "He is Christmas", on the 170s and VTF-2 sub, was just fantastic.

I'm still ecstatic with these speakers, and boosting the volume a bit does wonders for DVDs (Jeepers Creepers 2 last night).

Pegleg

Linkin Park

[he_who_dares_wins] - sas

Am i the only one that loves the Beatles??