Well, it's Saturday and the Maytag Man has come and gone. Supposedly, it was a faulty thermostat that was keeping it from getting cold. The guy replaced the thermostat and left. Several hours later and the damn thing still won't get past barely cool. I called Maytag customer service, which is a misnomer, and was told by the first person before I was disconnected that the unit will take 24 hours to become cold. The manual clearly states that it will get cold in 3-4 hours. The person told me that maybe the service guy replacing one part affected other parts of the machine and it would take longer to get cold. I told them that that made absolutely zero sense, then I was disconnected. The second person was a smart ass, but did connect me with the department that schedules service. I now have another appointment for Wednesday. We'll see what happens.
It's things like this that really make me want to go postal. You buy a product, have a problem with it, and have to get transferred 17 times between talking to rude, clueless people who only want to get you off the phone so they can go back to playing solitaire and filing their nails. If you finally get someone to come out, it's between Monday at 8am and Friday at 10pm. Nobody cares anymore. This is why I bought my speakers from Ascend and Hsu and my amps from Outlaw. If I have any problem whatsoever, they WANT to hear from me and the owner of the company will actually talk to me to make sure I'm happy. My wife and I are in the process of building a house and I can guarantee you that the expensive 25 cubic foot refrigerator, the expensive front loading washer and dryer combo, and the expensive dishwasher that you can't hear running will not have the name Maytag on them.