Thread: Brothers in Arms SACD

Default Brothers in Arms SACD

I got my copy from CD-Wow yesterday, a little over a week since ordering. It was sent from Hong Kong. $19 with free shipping....that is a pretty good deal.

Anyways, the disc is very good, especially since the master recording is 20 years old. The engineers did good on this disc.
    -curtis

I agree, Curtis. I got mine from CDWow as well. I have only been listening in 2 ch, don't have my 200's for rears yet, but I think this is a great disc. Even though this is 20 years old, wasn't this one of the first digital (master) recordings? I seem to remember reading something to that affect.
    What if the Hokey Pokey is what it's all about?

Quote Originally Posted by s2pdname
    Even though this is 20 years old, wasn't this one of the first digital (master) recordings? I seem to remember reading something to that affect.
    I am not sure. All I know is that 20 years ago, I did not have a CD player.
    -curtis

Do either of you have the remastered CD version? If so, how does the 2-channel SACD compare to the CD? I've heard the multichannel mix was done well.

I actually have the XRCD version, compared a little over the weekend, and I think it is a tad brighter than the SACD version. I have not listen to the SACD in two channel yet.
    -curtis

Here is a comparison of the original release with the redbook and 2 channel SACD versions on the new SACD.

http://www.stevehoffman.tv/forums/sh...&page=12&pp=20

Halfway down on this page, post by Tony Plachy.

Quote Originally Posted by BradJudy
    Do either of you have the remastered CD version? If so, how does the 2-channel SACD compare to the CD? I've heard the multichannel mix was done well.
    I do not have the earlier version, but other user comparisons that I've read agree with Curtis. The majority saying that the XRCD is brighter and/or "tinnier."
    What if the Hokey Pokey is what it's all about?