Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 340s + NAD separates = absolute BLISS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie
    shane, abhi, & quinn,

so do you guys hear that "cymbal-brushing" THROUGHOUT the entire song, nonstop like I do? I don't think it ever lets up or changes tempo the whole time.
    Yes... the entire song. He (Dan Rieser) pauses briefly... for an instant... just after she sings "...so won't you try..." Then he resumes and she sings "...to come." Really.

It's just the product of good speakers bringing out every nuance in the music. Damn good, no?

enjoy

shane
    Yes Eve, I like to watch.

My setup:
    http://www.fototime.com/5EF1F78FC789849/orig.jpg
    HT: 340SE's Front & Center - 340 Classic's Surround, SVS PB110-ISD.
    Office (2-ch): 170SE's

I just listened to my copy. It's definitely the cymbal brushing, and it does change a bit in a couple spots on the song.

This is with my Denon 2900, analog connection to my Sherwood/Newcastle P-965, ATI 1502 amp, and Hsu VTF-3.

Yes....damn good!
    -curtis

gr1m,

I'm curious, what's your CD player?

Someone on another forum suggested it could be my vintage Sony ES cd player, I've been reluctant to shell out $700 for a Denon 2910.

Anybody know of any high quality CD players, used or B-stock, for around $200-300? $400-500?

Was looking at the modded Toshiba 3960 at referenceaudiomods.com for $450, has anyone here ever used them?
    pcmall.com is authorized to carry denon B/refurb stock. i'm picking up the 2910 myself, and it runs 450

shane, abhi, & quinn,

so do you guys hear that "cymbal-brushing" THROUGHOUT the entire song, nonstop like I do? I don't think it ever lets up or changes tempo the whole time.
    Eddie, the sound doesn't change tempo, but it does not sound like a hiss either. I knew it was some kind of instrument, but now I know it's drum brushes. It's throughout the song, but off and on. This sound is mostly produced by the tweeter. I think treating the first reflection points in your room would resolve it more. Just my 2 cents!

WHEW!!! Thanks guys, you've just saved my wallet and possibly my marriage too. For the time being at least,

Looks like I'll hang on to that Sony a bit longer then!

Quote Originally Posted by tw1zt3d
    pcmall.com is authorized to carry denon B/refurb stock. i'm picking up the 2910 myself, and it runs 450
    thanks, I'll check that out though will probably hold off for the time being.

Please do a review when it comes in, I'd be curious to see how much of an improvement you can hear between the 2910 and whatever CD player you have right now.