Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Planning new receiver for future Ascend setup

Digital1234.com has the 335 for $427 and onecall.com has the 1005 for $694 shipped. I just purchased the 635 from Digital1234 and it couldn't have gone quicker or smoother.

Bjorn

[QUOTE=Zyzzyva100]Does the 335 really have bass management for dvd-a and sacd? I am planning to get the 435 since my room is quite a bit larger than yours, and I was wondering about the bass management. I plan to get the pioneer 588a for its universal player abilities, but I hear it has terrible bass management. I was hoping to avoid having to get the outlaw ICBM for bass control, but I heard very few recievers will allow the bass management on analog inputs.[/QUOTE

Well zyzzyva the sub plays on dvda and sacd i guess you just have to use the subs xover. but once your using any kind of digital input you have bass managment. i havent played with stero using analog connections yet.

Hmmm, now that is rather interesting. I have been meaning to get a costco membership. There is actually one on my street, unfortunately its in the 30,000 block and I'm in the 3000 block.

Anyone know how to find out what costco actually carries without being a member? They don't seem to list much at all online.

Quote Originally Posted by olympiccop2002
    Digital1234.com has the 335 for $427 and onecall.com has the 1005 for $694 shipped. I just purchased the 635 from Digital1234 and it couldn't have gone quicker or smoother.

Bjorn
    Is digital1234.com an authorized retailer? Their site says everything comes with a full warranty, but they aren't listed on the harman kardon site...

Quote Originally Posted by Zyzzyva100
    Yea, and if I had that much money laying around.... I would rather just use the outlaw ICBM system.
    Sorry, forgot about the budget. Can be had for $700 or so, but not getting great reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by BGHD
    Sorry, forgot about the budget. Can be had for $700 or so, but not getting great reviews.

Yea, well I could have swung the 1005, but you are right, not the greatest reviews. Guess I'm back to the 435 or 635. Considering they are almost identical save the 10 watts of power, I think I will just with the 435 and maybe the outlaw ICBM.

For the original poster, from whom I hijacked this thread, sorry. I would like to point out what david f pointed out to me though, the auto room/speaker calibration on the 435 is quite a bit better then that on the 335, and good deals can be had here when you purchase speakers too.

Digital1234 has this on their website "All the items we sell are 100% Brand New. They include USA Warranties & all the accessories provided by the manufacturer."
    WE DO NOT SELL REFURBISHED, USED, GRAY MARKET, OPEN BOX OR RECONDITIONED MERCHANDISE.

I would take that to mean that the warranty from HK would still be good. Of course I have been wrong about these things before.

Bjorn

Yea, I saw that, but I still wonder. I emailed them and Harman Kardon. I won't trust it until I have confirmation that I can use as proof in the future if needed.

Let me know what they say. I took a leap of faith and purchased from them. I guess if it turns out they aren't an authorized dealer I wouldn't be suprised. I would still purchase from them in the future. They have excellent prices and fast shipping. I love the 635 and think that either the 435/635 would be a great addition to your music/ht experience.

Bjorn