Thread: Omnimount 20's

Default Omnimount 20's

Hello folks,

Has anyone had problems with the ball slipping in the joint on the Omnimount 20's? I am really wrenching on the stupid thing but it still seems to find a way to slowly slip back down . This is for the 170's. Do I need to try something different? Are there any tips or tricks that you have found to work? I am going to call Omnimount on Tuesday and see what's up. The ball now has definate marks on it and the bolthead is almost to the point of stripping. I still have all 4 of these to mount and then the project is finished. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Bjorn
    Last edited by olympiccop2002; 05-28-2005 at 08:10 PM.

Exclamation

I've had the same problem with them. So, I just let the speakers tilt down. I was afraid of breaking off the adjusting bolt too.
    Feel Free to visit my website:
    The Bailey's Home Theatre in Our Living Room

Equipment List:
    Hitachi 57F59 HD CRT RPTV
    Outlaw 990/7125 PrePro/Amp
    Panasonic BD10 Blu-Ray Player
    Mains: Ascend CMT-340M
    Center: Ascend CMT-340C
    Surrounds: Ascend CBM-170
    Sub: SVS 25-31PC

Thanks for the response Lee. I will see what omnimount says tomorrow. I am thinking about seeing how far I can still screw the bolt in. I will try not to go to the point of failure. We will see I guess.

Bjorn

I had problems initially, but then tightened them more and they stayed up. I just took them down to rearrange the room the the balls have dents in them now.

BTW: I'm not sure if it makes a difference, but did you install the mounts witht he correct side up?

I will try to tighten them a little more. Those sound like famous last words don't they? I followed the instructions on the sheet sent with the omnimounts so I believe that they are correct. Thanks.

Bjorn

Quote Originally Posted by BradJudy
    I had problems initially, but then tightened them more and they stayed up. I just took them down to rearrange the room the the balls have dents in them now.

BTW: I'm not sure if it makes a difference, but did you install the mounts witht he correct side up?
    For my benefit, which side should be up? I just got my Omnis from Ascend and plan to install my surrounds this coming weekend.

Thanks,
    -Jim

The fixed side should be up and the adjustable side down.

Mine are working fine (170s at just below 90 degrees to the wall), but it did take some serious elbow grease with the hex wrench and pliers. I was worried at first too about overdoing it, esp with the metal squeaking and all, but it worked. Also, the holes in the ball thingy are normal.