Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What the wife said...

Yeah... they mangled my 340's box... styrofoam was pretty shattered, but speakers were unscathed.
    All other Ascend shipments were perfecto.

Conversely, I went through 3... count 'em... 3 - 22" CRT PC monitors before I got one through DHL (the forth and current) that was good. These folks can be very bad.

Great to hear that Dave F is making things right. You'll love the system even more once it is complete and tuned in.

shane
    Yes Eve, I like to watch.

My setup:
    http://www.fototime.com/5EF1F78FC789849/orig.jpg
    HT: 340SE's Front & Center - 340 Classic's Surround, SVS PB110-ISD.
    Office (2-ch): 170SE's

Quote Originally Posted by MikeQ

Ascend has been GREAT and are sending me a new one. They shipped it same day!
    Same here. Brown destroys, Ascend replaces ASAP.
    Dave F. even called me at midnight our time (I had just emailed him so he knew I was up) to "encourage" me NOT to try and fix the speaker. I must have given him the impression in my email that I had drill in hand and was scrubbing for surgery. Now that's customer service.

David

This is what Brown can do for you!
    hehehe

that sucks! have you ever seen ace ventura? the opening scene where he's dressed up as a brown driver and squashing that package all the way to the front door? hehe. unfortunately damages do happen during material handling. seems it is very rare that anyone who has used fedex, ups, and dhl would never experience a damaged product.
    i almost threw up when i unpacked my acoustic guitar and saw what fedex did to it. i lost a lot of sleep over that.

i sold some paradigms on ebay last year. the buyer didn't want insurance, and the center (HEAVY, CC-570) was shipped all the way to CA from TN. it was in original, unopened shipping carton with industrial strength stretch wrap. she was ready for war. of course, the center was damaged due to that darn murphy's law guy. the buyer from audiogon wanted me to pay for the speaker after he had already left positive feedback on ebay.

anyways, you'll get all fixed up soon. unfortunate that you were tagged with one of brown's damages for the year, but you're protected by buying direct from ascend. imagine the mess if it was used w/o any assurance behind it.