Thread: Experience with the HK 435

Default Experience with the HK 435

I know there have to be some people around here that have experience with the HK 435. I corresponded with David F via email and he reccomended the reciever, but I wonder if it is really powerful enough.

I do plan to go with the 340's for the fronts, 340 center and 170 rears. I know that the 340s are relatively efficient, and that the 435 is said to sound louder than its rater (or every other manufacturer just overrates their stuff), but I am just curious if anyone has this reciever running with their ascend speakers. I have a large listening area (close to 6000 cu. ft.) and want to make sure that I will have enough sound, but I also don't want to break the bank too much.

One thing to remember is that HK rates the power output honestly.

The 435 should have no problems with the Ascends. My Parents are using my older 525, which I think was rated at 70wpc. Their room is 25x15x12, open to an entry in the back, so add another 10' or so. No problems at all.
    -curtis

Thanks Curtis. I know that seeing from other threads you had mentioned the size of you parents room, and its almost identical to mine. I just needed some reassurance. $600 bucks is a lot to a college student, but hey, I gotta relax somehow.

The fact that you are a college student and have that kind of space kills me.
    -curtis

I live in an loft apartment in a former knitting mill. That combined with how poor cleveland is overall, and the fact that I moved to the other side of town from all the other college students, means that my girlfriend and I have lots of space for not too much money (about 1000 square feet overall).

The listening room is the largest, 16 x 20 with 13 ft ceilings, which is attached to the 10x16 kitchen, and only a bar counter is in between.

But I agree, I got luck with this place. Even my dad was envious.

Nice!!

I seem to be running into more and more people from Cleveland.....
    -curtis