Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Does a 340c fit into a Salamander Synergy cabinet ?

Can I assume my Harmony IR remote will work through the Salamander's metal grill?

Yes! I have the metal grills on mine, and the remotes still work flawlessly.

Thank you. OK, I'm finished w/ my 20-questions finally...I think. Time to spend some money and finally get my 340C off the floor and my TV off of a coffee table.
    Last edited by BGHD; 10-28-2005 at 09:26 AM.

FYI: Per an email from Salamander, the internal dimensions of the Triple 10 are 8.5" between top to bottom (height); 19.75" between posts (depth). 8.5" and 10" risers 150 lb wt capacity. As Curtis mentioned, 10" is good idea to allow angling up of 340c.

Default My search is finally over!

Was able to pick up a Salamander Triple 20 for about 1/2 price at the Good Guys closeout sale. Lucked out that it was new in box (with no missing pieces too!) and the color I wanted (walnut w/ black posts). Will place the 340c in-cabinet for now as other Ascend owner have done. May place on top if I decide to wall-mount the TV (using stand now). Will post pics when finished. Thanks all.

oh wow!! What a deal!!

You are in SoCal....may I ask which GoodGuys?
    -curtis

GG in Brea (sssh, it's a secret). Didn't see any other NIB Salamander stuff though. GG in Cerritos is about wiped-out. Brea had much better selection at this time, esp speakers and such (actually, tons of speakers like MA, Klipsch, Energy). Most shoppers seemed to be looking for TVs.

Kinda funny, but I was "this close" to dropping $2500 for a console from Diamondcase (in Yorba Linda), when I decided to turn left off the 57 North to look for a Howards or Ken Cranes "just to see", instead of right towards Diamondcase. I stumbled across the GG, and they had exactly what I had originally tried to purchase from the Cerritos GG (after a week of waiting, they just refunded my money). So, a lucky left turn saved me about $1800. Sweet.

That is great luck! Thanks.
    -curtis