Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Does a 340c fit into a Salamander Synergy cabinet ?

tamuct,
    Thank you. Looks nice. I'll assume there's some wiggle room w/ the center shelf to angle the 340c up? Sounds ok to you? Sorry for asking so many questions, but w/ Good Guys closing shop here in CA, it's ALL SALES FINAL, so no returns.

I don't have mine angled up (I know, shame on me), but if you lower the shelf some you should be able to add some shims to the front of the speaker to angle it toward your listening position.

Default 1st 4 pics on this site

www.eatpho.com/stereo

Quote Originally Posted by BGHD
    khoi911,
    Yes, can you post pics of your 340c in the Salamander triple please? GG is clearing out their stock, so they're selling furniture for about 30% off, so I'd be interested in seeing your install.

I've eliminated the Salamanders w/ the extra riser because it'll bring the TV too high for my tastes. Also, as jimsiff mentioned, only higher-end or custom made furniture has decent below TV options. So, now I'm leaning towards mounting above the TV w/ Dave F's recommended mount, which'll allow me to get any ol' credenza without having to worry about 340c placement (as jimsiff mentioned previously). And, since my DIY skills, tools and time, are quite lacking, that route is probably out for now.

Sorry to cross-post, but does DaveF's above TV rig really place the front of the speaker 22" from the wall? The speaker's only 11" deep, which means it's about 11" from the wall, which seems farther than shown in the pictures. Can anyone using that mount chime in?

As you can tell, it's been a slow process for me (original post in 5/05!), because I'm not really in a rush. But it'd sure be nice to get that 340c off the floor propped-up by a rolled-up towel though.

Default I have mine angled up

I did this by taking some mouse pads and folding them over each other (to create thickness) then placing them under the front of the speaker. You can see this in the pics if you look closely >> www.eatpho.com/stereo

Quote Originally Posted by BGHD
    tamuct,
    Thank you. Looks nice. I'll assume there's some wiggle room w/ the center shelf to angle the 340c up? Sounds ok to you? Sorry for asking so many questions, but w/ Good Guys closing shop here in CA, it's ALL SALES FINAL, so no returns.

Thanks for the pics/info khoi.

I just found this browsing on the Salamander website, which is lower than the Triple 20 (at least I think it is from the picture), but I can't find the specs/pricing on it. It probably has less storage, but w/ a triple riser for the 340C, it might work for me. I'll have to investigate, otherwise I might go w/ khoi and tamuct's setups.
    Attached Images Attached Images

BGHD,
    That's the triple 10. If you don't need the additional storage space of a triple 20 (or 30 as in khoi911's case), you could go with the 10 and the riser. If I remember correctly the riser is available in several heights and will let you pull the center channel all the way to the front of the unit. Be careful, and read the weight capacity of the riser unit. It doesn't have as many vertical supports.
    Good luck!

Thanks. Finally found the info in their System Configurator. Good tip about the weight issue, which I really didn't think about. BTW, it has the four corner supports plus two more along the back area. Probably the 8.5" or 10" riser should work fine w/ the 340C.

That Triple10 is nice - is it a new product? It wasn't on their website before I built mine, or I might have gotten it with a riser instead.

Not sure if it's new. I've checked their site before, but it's sorta hidden as an option in their System Configurator, not under the 'Products' section for the Triples. If the internal dimensions will work and if the riser can hold my TV, I may go for it. A little pricey, but pretty close to what I've been looking for. Gotta decide b/w the 8.5" and 10" riser is all. Thanks for everyones help.

I say 10" riser, put the 340c under it with some Auralex MoPads to angle the speaker up slightly.
    -curtis